2020 was tough, but the numbers that describe the GlobalGiving community’s impact during the 12-month whirlwind show that it was also remarkable. See what we achieved together.
After a year full of challenges and heartbreak, these 10 numbers fill us with hope. Here’s a glimpse of what the GlobalGiving community accomplished in 2020:
1. GlobalGiving reached a major milestone in 2020, raising more than $105 million for our nonprofit partners in a single year.
2. Donations came in from far and wide: more than 314,897 donors contributed to this incredible wave of generosity.
3. The outpouring of support reached 8,688 projects working across 169 countries on causes from COVID-19 relief to ending hunger.
4. GlobalGiving launched the Coronavirus Relief Fund 44 days before the World Health Organization declared a pandemic.
5. GlobalGiving’s swift response to the viral outbreak made it possible to distribute $525,000 in emergency grants before the end of March.
6. By Dec. 31, 23,021 donors contributed more than $11 million to GlobalGiving’s Coronavirus Relief Fund.
7. Speaking of incredible action, GlobalGiving partnered with the Spanx by Sara Blakely Foundation in March to award $5,000 grants to more than 1,000 female entrepreneurs across the United States and its territories.
8. For every disaster that 2020 brought, a vetted nonprofit was there to support people in the aftermath. From the Australian bushfires in January to the back-to-back hurricanes in the fall, local recovery efforts were fueled by more than $46 million contributed to disaster response through GlobalGiving.
9. Amid the chaos and uncertainty of 2020, GlobalGiving welcomed 529 new nonprofit partners from 95 different countries to the family through our virtual onboarding program.
10. GlobalGiving’s corporate partners stepped up like never before to help solve the countless challenges communities faced last year. Our corporate partners donated a record-breaking $66.6 million, which resulted in 2,066 corporate grants awarded to nonprofits in 86 countries.
These numbers reflect real people who were impacted by the events in 2020—and supported by our community. The numbers in GlobalGiving’s Year In Review, and the stories they represent, will propel us forward in 2021.
To hear the stories of the people behind the numbers, check out GlobalGiving’s Year In Review, “Together, Apart: How The GlobalGiving Community Confronted 2020.”
READ THE REPORT
Featured Photo: Lights On! Empower Kamarata with the Sun by Eposak Foundation, INC.