UWC Costa Rica's Wellness Program is a school-wide initiative that fosters a culture of wellness—mental, physical, emotional, social, and spiritual—among all our community members. Its focus lies on prevention, detection, and intervention by addressing the culture and training of students and educators to take care of themselves and each other.
- Our students learn how to take care of themselves and others to become agents of change who promote peace by becoming healthier, happier individuals.
- Students develop more robust and closer bonds with adults on campus to help them feel more comfortable asking for support when needed.
- All UWC Costa Rica students have access to and receive support from professional counselors on and off campus when needed.
- At UWC Costa Rica, mental health is everyone's business and individual responsibility.
- Frequent training for educators and student leaders throughout the school year on the basics of mental health, including psychological first aid, intergenerational dialogue and respect, suicide prevention, peer-to-peer learning, and more.
- Weekly programming to help our students build skills, knowledge, and awareness on consent; assertive and intercultural communication; managing grief, uncertainty, stress and anxiety; time management and prioritization; conflict transformation; self-care; and many more!