1. To ensure breastfeeding within 1 hour of birth, exclusive breastfeeding (EBF) for the first 6 months (180 days) and continuation of breastfeeding for at least two years;
2. Introduction of appropriate and adequate homemade complementary feeding (CF) after completion of EBF at 6 months;
3. To assist Governments to monitor and execute BMS law and rules;
4. To promote and support maternal and adolescent nutrition through the exchange of skills, knowledge and experience of the national and international community;
5. Improve Capacity building through Nutrition and IYCF training;
6. Identify new areas of research to promote IYCF.