Radoslav from Plovdiv
Concluding another school year here, at Telerik Academy School, we’d like to take the time to extend our utmost gratitude to the people that are making this journey for all our kids possible – you, our donors.
We’d also love to share with you a story about one of our alumni – Radoslav from Plovdiv. Radoslav is one of the first ever participants in Telerik Academy School (previously Telerik Academy Kids) who has been admitted in one of the world's leading educational institutions - The University of Oxford. The competition – around 20 000 applicants per year – has only motivated him further towards achieving his goal – getting successfully admitted to study Computer Science.
Radoslav’s journey in the world of programming began when he was in 5th grade. He joined one of our cohorts in High School in Mathematics and Natural Sciences “Acad. K. Popov” in Plovdiv. Throughout the years he has successfully passed several of our programs focusing on competitive development and application development and has won dozens of medals from regional, national and international tournaments. More about his preparation, challenges and success could be found in this interview.
In 2018-2019 academic year we:
- launched 65 cohorts in Bulgaria for 1-12 grade students. In 2017 we started with 54;
- opened cohorts in 15 cities . In 2017 they were only 11;
- enrolled more than 1,600 students in our educational programs. In 2017 the number was 1400;
- increased the number of teachers in our network to 32. In 2017 they were 21;
- conducted 4 Online Competitions in Competitive Development with over 300 participants joining each contest;
- organized our 2nd Annual Game Development Competition in Sofia with over 100 participants from 4 cities.
Our plans for 2019-2020 are even more ambitious! We aim to run 80 groups and reach over 2000 kids from 20 Bulgarian cities, further develop our programs and train more teachers to be the carriers of education for the professions of the future.
Thanks to your support, we have already managed to increase the number of groups for next academic year with 5. We could never get this far without your help and we’re hoping to be able to rely on it in the future!
Thank you for your continuous support! Your engagement allows more people, like Radoslav, to become the next digital ninjas, innovators and leaders.
Game Development Competition in Sofia
Game Development Competition - awarded students