Always full of attendance!!
We hope you had a wonderful holiday season and wish you all things good in the new year.
As 2017 begins, we would like your support for the Claim Your Rights Program. To date, we have only raised $80, a far cry from the $26,000 goal we have set for ourselves this year. Eighty dollars will only get us as far as printing the materials needed to run a workshop for 50 girls. Our aim is to train 5,000 underprivileged girls this year. You can get us closer to that goal of changing the lives of these young women by donating now!
At Pratthandee Foundation, our goal is to provide free and high quality training to underprivileged girls in Ubon Ratchathani. Since 2011, our workshops have impacted over 5,000 girls from Ubon Ratchathani, one of the poorest provinces in Thailand.
The ‘Claim Your Rights Program’ equips girls with the life-saving skills they need to protect themselves and covers the following:
- Awareness of and Prevention of Danger: Raise awareness of a range of risks (including relationships, harassment, financial dependency, pregnancy and online grooming), tactics for avoiding the dangers and ways to deal with any incidents.
- Basic Self-Defense: Training in basic moves, such as wrist grabs, lapel grabs, and protection on the ground.
- Women’s Law and Rights: Raise awareness of the laws relevant to women, such as reporting domestic violence or assault to the police, and provide resources they need if they are unsure.
The Program is designed to be engaging with lots of games, multimedia resources and role playing. Not surprising, the feedback has been encouraging. In a recent series of workshops sponsored by the Australian Embassy in Thailand, the outcome was very positive.
- 94% highly agreed with the statement: “You can apply this knowledge to your daily life."
- 94% highly agreed with the statement: “This workshop was interesting.”
- 93% highly agreed with the statement: “The trainer gave good explanations and content during training.”
We also received the following accolades from the participants:
- “I want you to run this training again.”
- “I like it very much. Now I can protect myself from risky situations.”
- “This activity gave us a lot of useful knowledge. Thank you Pratthanadee Foundation for providing this information that helps us become more aware of the risks.”
- “I want you to come here often. This is so much fun and I want to learn more about self defense.”
So if you are looking at making an impact on the lives of others this year, keep us in mind. If you haven't donated yet and have been thinking of supporting impactful work, please donate now!
Sarochinee Unyawachsomrith (Beer)
Keep practicing: Basic Self-Defense
Grils present Women's Law and Rights