Dear Donors and GlobalGiving,
The project seems to be very much interesting as we move to addressing the complex and overlapping issues of out-of-school girl-children, whhich requires a holistic approach that involves the various sectors and all stakeholders. Also, addressing the challenges of vulnerable and marginalised out-of-school girl-children and fighting against child marriages and harmful practices, requires financial and technical support. Many girls are affected and in extreme poverty, inflicted with pains both physical and emotional as they don’t have basic support including mentoring, to break free from the circle of violence and poverty, neglect and marginalisation.
More support will enable TNT Scholarship Fund to continue to support and provide basic needs for needy girls to access basic education and be agents of change to end child, early and forceful marriages, illiteracy, child poverty and traditional harmful practices; and to returns to schools, to champion their future progress and development.
So far, we have supported these children with books, pencils, uniforms and food. The recent funds received have so far helped 114 children with food, books, pens, pencils etc . We have also, engaged in community sensitizations which is key in this project.
Funds provided were used to gain the following results below:
- Girls empowered continue to improve their wellbeing and their communities.
- 35 girls supported with uniforms, study fees and learning materials in Magbona Village Bombali district in primary and secondary education.
- Continued efforts to empower Girl-children with voices to avoid child marriage and teenage pregnancy. The issue of teenage pregnancy is really rampant. We used girls within our sponsorship programmes to champion this cause.
- We maintained continuous efforts to improve health and nutrition, and increases the chances of education for the next generation
- Community Engagement is very key in dispensing our duties using the girl children through drama play and talk shows
- As an organisation we established community base volunteers to monitor these girl children against early child marriages and other harmful practices.
Furthermore, the success we have achieved within this period belongs to our donors, they are the ones who made this happen. More needs to be done as there are many girls out here who have drop out of school for many reasons. We cannot help these kids all alone but with your continued support we can achieve this together.