Protein mIx preparation
New Year 2020! May you gain health, wealth, knowledge and happiness in everything you do in the coming year.
Thamarai (name changed)is the 3rd daughter of Lakshmi and her father and his family wanted a son and were extremely disappointed when she was born. They continued to mistreated Lakshmi but she was determined to give Thamarai a happy childhood just like her other two daughters Kasturi and Kritika.Thamarai came into ACT when she was 4 years old. She was a shy child who would hide behind her mothers pallu and would refuse to leave her side. Over time she has blossomed into a confidentand friendly girl who loves to dance and makes friends with just a smile. Thamarai is 6 years old and in is grade 1.
We continuously conduct various extracurricular programs and provide food in the school to inspire and motivate them to come to school regularly. And hence we do the following:
• Make a daily protein mix which has all the vital nutrients and vitamins that the growing children need, as most of the children come to school without having breakfast. We have measured the height and weight of all the children this year to assess and analyse the impact of nutritious protein powder. In this year we have started giving them biscuits with the protein mix..
• Celebrate birthdays of the children at the end of each month. The children cut a huge cake in front of their friends, school teachers.
• Conduct music classes every Saturday for the students of Class 5 and above. We have selected 7 students through an audition and they are part of the ACT choir. They performed at old age homes for Christmas.
• Every November we celebrate Annual day. This year we celebrated our 19th Annual Day with our children. The children and mothers put up a series of variety entertainment programmes. Some of our outstanding students, mothers and volunteers were recognized on this day including two Govt. School children.
- Mothers took part in a rangoli competetion ,they make the protein mix and we hold regular meetings with the mothers to help their children grow and succeed in making a change in their lives.
Many thanks for making 2019 memorable for the children. Let’s welcome 2020 to help and children like her so that we can bring smiles to their face. Let’s unite to dream big for the underprivileged children and attract their parents by the facilities and amenities of the school to bring the children to school regularly.
Felicitating students on annual day
Corporate celebrating children's day