Ananya happy in school
Greetings from Ashwini Charitbable Trust!
New Year 2019! A wonderful time to make new resolutions, to bring smiles to the faces of children and to remember the best memories of the last year. Another chance to change lives through some inspirational stories.
Ananya (name changed) is studying in the 7th standard at the Government Tamil Higher Primary School is one of the 4 siblings .She has two elder sisters who are studying in 9th std. and 11th std. and one elder brother who is in 10th std. Her father is a cab driver and mother is working as house maid. Ananya’s mother was not keeping well and has been diagnosed with 1st stage cancer. Now her mother is under medication and the family is spending money for the treatment. Against all odds she is very regular to school,doing well in her studies and wants to continue her education. Ananya’s ambition is to become a teacher or lawyer.
We continuously conduct various extracurricular programs and provide food in the school to motivate them to come to school regularly. And hence we do the following:
• Make a daily protein mix which has all the vital nutrients and vitamins that the growing children need, as most of the children come to school without having breakfast. We have measured the height and weight of all the children this year to assess and analyse the impact of nutritious protein powder. In this year we have started giving them biscuits with the protein mix.
• Distributed morning snacks to the children to encourage them to come to school on every Saturday.
• Celebrated birthdays of the children at the end of each month. The children cut a huge cake in front of their friends, school teachers.
• Well qualified yoga professionals of Sri Krishna Wellness, Yoga and Cultural Centre conduct classes to improve overall health and their concentration power.
• Conduct music classes every Saturday for the students of Class 5 and above. We have selected 7 students through an audition and the class lasts for more than one hour.
• Our regular volunteers’ conduct Elementary English reading, writing and spoken classes for all the children.
• Every November we celebrate Annual day. This year we celebrated our 18th Annual Day with our children. The children and mothers put up a series of variety entertainment programmes. Some of our outstanding students, mothers and volunteers were recognized on this day.
• Organized special winter classes for all the children during winter vacation. We have arranged the transportation to bring the children from their school. Children enjoyed learning new techniques of Maths, drawing classes and Eddytablet (kids learning tablet) classes. We have provided lunch to all the children whoever attended the winter classes.
• Conducted students’ assessments during beginning and end of the academic year to find out their progress.
• Celebrated Christmas at Tamil Government School for the children of both the Government Schools. The volunteers had planned the occasion to the last detail. To celebrate the spirit of the season, fun filled activities had been arranged for the children at both venues. Santa Claus distributed Christmas cake, gifts and goodies. Christmas Carols were sung and the children were showered with candy.
Many thanks for making 2018 memorable for the children. Let’s welcome 2019 to help Ananya and children like her so that we can bring smiles to their faces . Let’s unite to dream big for the underprivileged children and attract their parents by the facilities and amenities of the school and to send the children to school regularly.
Drawing competition at the christmas celebration
Eating Cotton candy at the christmas celebration