Girl Fund Voting Week
March 16 - 20, 2020
This year GlobalGiving is testing out a more inclusive process for selecting the 2020 Girl Fund cohort - and it involves YOU! The 2020 Girl Fund cohort will consist of eight organizations selected from the Top 15 in the Girl Fund Campaign, where ranking is determined by most unique donors. The organizations that finish in first and second place in the campaign will automatically secure a spot. After the campaign, participants will vote on six additional organizations from the remaining in the Top 15 to join the final cohort.
- A voting information packet and ballot will be emailed to Project Leaders of participating organizations on Monday, March 16, 2020. Organizations will have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, March 20, 2020, to submit their ballot.
- The voting information packet will contain summary information about the 13 organizations to choose from, including short responses to the following questions in the initial Girl Fund Campaign application:
- Aside from funding, what is the most challenging problem your organization faces in its work to advance girls’ and women’s equality?
- How does your organization put women and girls in the lead in planning and decision-making?
- For more information to inform your vote, participants are invited to join the conversation in the Girl Fund Campaign Facebook Group on March 16 - 18. Commenting on campaign posts will be turned off on March 19 to give participants time to process the information and cast a ballot by Friday, March 20.
- The 2020 Girl Fund Cohort will be announced by the end of March.
- Please submit one ballot per organization.
- The ballot will ask that you vote on six organizations in priority order as your top choices to be in the 2020 Girl Fund Campaign.
- Organizations that submit more than one ballot will be voided.
- Ballots that vote for one organization multiple times will be voided. Example: Voting for Organization X as your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th choice is not allowed and will be voided.
- Coordinate early with your team to designate one person to cast your ballot.
- Look for the email on Monday, March 16, with the voting packet and ballot.
- Organizations on the ballot are invited to make themselves available on the Facebook page for conversation to help you make your decision Monday - Wednesday. You can engage in this process as much or as little as you’d like. We only request that conversation among peers remains respectful.
- Organizations on the ballot are not allowed to contact you outside the closed participant Facebook group. Please report any private campaigning activity to GlobalGiving staff at email@example.com.
Guidance For Organizations On The Ballot
- Organizations on the ballot are allowed to cast a ballot. Voting for your own organization is permitted. Please adhere to the general voting rules stated above.
- The thirteen organizations on the ballot will be allowed one promotion post in the Girl Fund Campaign Facebook group between Monday, March 16 - Wednesday, March 18.
- Organizations are not required to create a promotion post, but engagement in the process is encouraged and dialogue in the thread could help your organization win a spot in the fund.
- Posts can be an essay, video, or anything you feel will best detail the work your organization does to accelerate women’s equality.
- Only one promotion post by each of the organizations on the ballot is allowed during the voting week. Other staff are welcome to comment on the post itself, however, additional promotional posts will be deleted by the group moderator.
- Commenting on promotional posts will be turned off on Thursday, March 19, to give participants time to process the information and cast a ballot by Friday, March 20.
- Organizations on the ballot are not allowed to privately campaign outside of the one Facebook post permitted. Organizations that are reported for engaging in such activity will be no longer eligible for the spot in the 2020 Girl Fund Cohort.
- An official review of the campaign results will be conducted by GlobalGiving during Voting Week (March 16 - 20). Organizations on the ballot may be removed at any time if donor counts come under scrutiny. If in doubt about a specific fundraising strategy, please contact GlobalGiving firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These rules are in place to ensure a fair and transparent voting process.
and refresh this page.