The Skills Outside School Foundation appreciate donors for the immense contributions towards impacting 500 disadvantaged young adults in Northern Nigeria. The kind gestures of donors will expose disadvantaged students to basic lifes skills, academic skills, enterprise skills, career awareness, technical and vocational skills to enable them drive transformational change in society. We are grateful to GlobalGiving for providing us the platform to solicit donations from donors across the world.
The Skills Outside School Foundation concluded the baseline survey in the15 senior secondary schools selected from Demsa, Girei, and Fufore local Government Areas of Adamawa State, Northern Nigeria, over the previous three (3) months since the last report. The baseline survey was carried out in two phases:
- Phase I - 14 to 30th March, 2022 and
- Phase II - 15th May - 17th June, 2022.
A total of 675 responses were obtained from students (465), principals (15), vice principals (15), teachers (75), traditional rulers (15), parents (60), religious/community leaders (30). The sum of $1,352.1 (NGN577,346.7) was expended to cover transportation, questionnaire printing, stipends and subsistence for data collectors, communication and training materials during the baseline survey. Timelines for analysis and reporting of the baseline data is 27th June to 19th September, 2022.
The following milestone have been reached in the project's implementation by Skills Outside School Foundation Bridge Skills and Career Club:
- Advocacy to schools to liaise with school principals to select teacher trainers.
- Screening/selection of teachers.
- Update of project documents; monitoring and evaluation framework, training manuals, students selection forms, teachers and students evaluation forms.
The project next steps include:
- Final baseline report - 19th September, 2022.
- Share baseline report - 26th September, 2022
- Conclude on selection
- Teacher training schedule for 24th to 28th October, 2022.
- Selection of students for the Bridge Skills and Career Club across the 15 selected secondary schools
- Commencement of the Bridge Skills and Career Club in the 15 selected secondary schools.
- Termly monitoring and evaluation of project progress.