The Ebola Matching Campaign begins at 00:00:01 AM EDT April 1, 2015 and ends when the matching funds run out.
- There is $100,000 in matching funds on GlobalGiving.
- Only projects that are working on relief or recovery efforts related to the Ebola outbreak.
- Projects must be approved and live on the globalgiving.org website by March 27, 2015 to be eligible.
- Matching is applied at 100% up to $1,000 per donor per project during the campaign on GlobalGiving.
- GlobalGiving will match up to $20,000 per project.
- Only donations made by unique donors per project will be matched. Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted.
- Only online donations made by credit card, PayPal, or a GlobalGiving official gift card are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- We encourage you to get donations in early because matching funds may run out quickly.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this matching offer.
- Online donations made using PayPal or credit card must be made by the credit card holder or PayPal account holder.
- GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit in the United States. Donations made on globalgiving.org can only be claimed as a tax deductible contribution on United States tax returns.
- GlobalGiving charges a 15% fulfillment fee on donations but works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. During the Ebola Matching Campaign the fulfillment fee only applies to the initial donation. The fulfillment fee does not apply to the match. The fee covers all transactional charges such as credit card fees, as well as helps cover the costs we incur to promote organizations and projects, provide them with fundraising training and tools, and maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option, we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to approve all projects included in the campaign ahead of time.
- Only donations made at www.globalgiving.org are eligible for this matching, while funds remain. Donations made on any GlobalGiving corporate sites (including Nike, Eli Lilly, etc) are NOT eligible for matching. Match funding available on GlobalGiving UK will be used up separately to GlobalGiving, so check GlobalGiving UK’s leaderboard if you would like to make a matched donation through GlobalGiving UK’s site.
PLEASE NOTE – Ebola Matching Campaign is running concurrently on GlobalGiving and GlobalGiving UK. The UK & US campaigns are managed separately. Matching funds available in each campaign, and the Terms and Conditions and web link to donate in UK or US differ. There is $100,000 available in matching on GlobalGiving. Please refer to the Ebola Matching Terms and Conditions on GlobalGiving UK for that campaign. Please monitor each site separately to determine whether matching funds are remaining.
Have questions? Contact Jacky Lee at
View full campaign details Ebola Matching Campaign