| Sep 3, 2021
Berzin Archives Report: June through August 2021
View of a temple in Himachal Pradesh, India
Over the summer we’ve been hard at work at Study Buddhism, fine-tuning our website so that it meets the requirements of Google’s new algorithm and is optimized for users in all our languages, using a wide range of devices. On top of this, we’ve continued to bring new content – written material as well as video interviews – to our website and social media channels.
Our YouTube channel hit the fantastic milestone of 30,000 subscribers, with many of the recent followers and viewers in India. In fact, for the first time, these last three months saw views from India outpace those from the US. Our work in bringing subtitles – including seven languages spoken in India – to all our videos is helping to bring our content to the land where Buddhism originated. Due to the global situation with COVID-19, we have now been unable to record new interviews for 18 months. We’re hoping that we will soon be able to return to our previous rate of video content creation, but until then, we will release what we have at a slightly slower pace.
Altogether, our translators and editors have prepared 370 new articles and over 150 new subtitle files. On top of this, our team have created an astounding 1400 subtitle files in 31 languages for our YouTube channel. We’ve also started to go through our videos and collect quotes for our Twitter account, where we’ll share inspiring articles, quotes, and videos. You’ll find all the details in the bulleted list below.
Here are some of our accomplishments over these last three months:
• Preparation and publication of 370 translations into our various languages
• Translation and addition of 153 subtitle files
• Copyediting of 89 English transcripts and files
• Transcription of 25 English audio files
• Configure the glossary in our content management system to allow editing of non-English glossaries
• Work begun on editing and expanding the German, Spanish and Russian glossaries
• Optimization of page loading speed
• Optimization of resetting the cache and log when new articles are published
• Continue optimization of the operation of the website to meet the guidelines of the new Google algorithm
• The addition of 9 videos to the Study Buddhism YouTube channel of an interview with Menri Trizin Rinpoche, the spiritual leader of the Bön tradition and the abbot of Menri Monastery in Dolanji, India.
• The creation of 390 subtitle files for the videos of Tashi Mannox on YouTube, for the website’s languages other than English.
• The creation of 600 subtitle files for the videos of Dr Andrey Terentyev on YouTube, for the website’s languages other than English.
• The creation of 410 subtitle files for the videos of Venerable Guo Huei on YouTube, for the website’s languages other than English.
• Starting to collect quotes from the 400+ videos on our YouTube channel, to be used on our Twitter account.
All of this hard work is made possible by your continuing generous support. Together, we shall “Make the Ageless Wisdom of Tibet Available to All.”