| Mar 5, 2019
Berzin Archives Report: Dec 2018 through Feb 2019
By Dr. Alexander Berzin | Founder and Author of Berzin Archives
Over the last three months we have continued to make steady progress, expanding the various facets of our online presence. Our translators and editors have prepared over 200 new articles and over 660 new subtitle files. That works out to over 9 new translations completed every day! We’ve embedded all the audio files of Dr. Berzin’s seminars from our Sound Cloud channel into their online transcripts, published more video interviews on our YouTube channel and edited further video interviews, preparing them now for subtitling in our 21 languages. You’ll find all the details in the bulleted list below.
As part of the ongoing process of providing a bridge between modern Western thought and the wisdom of Tibet, Dr. Berzin has co-authored a new article for the website, “The Dependent Arising of the Self in Terms of Relations with Others,” with Dr. Ducommun-Nagy, Clinical Associate Professor with the Department of Couple and Family Therapy, Drexel University, USA. He has recently presented this material at a seminar for the Faculty of Psychology at the State University of St Petersburg, Russia, where it was widely acclaimed by the over 300 participants.
In February, our key staff gathered in Berlin to plan the next stages of our development. These include newly designed, extensive glossary tools, a video section, an archive of our newsletters, the tagging of our articles, the addition of audio and video icons into our menus, and more.
Here are some of our accomplishment over these three months:
- Migration of the entire website, including the web server, database and domain management to a Digital Ocean Virtual Dedicated Server, having more resources for faster performance
- Migration to our new server and further compression of our 400 charts, tables and maps, for speedier loading time on the website
- Migration of 851 audio files of Dr. Berzin’s weekend seminars from the old server to the Study Buddhism Sound Cloud channel and embedding them in their transcripts on our website
- Implementation of further steps for search engine optimization, performance optimization, image optimization, and site hosting optimization of the website
- Translation of 662 subtitle files into our various languages
- Translation of 208 articles into our various languages
- Transcription of 23 lectures of Dr. Berzin
- Addition to the Study Buddhism YouTube channel of 8 videos of an interview with Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, renowned teacher and meditation master from the Bon-Buddhist tradition of Tibet, and embedding them in appropriate articles on the website
- Editing of 8 videos of an interview with Drikung Chetsang Rinpoche, spiritual head of the Drikung Kagyu tradition of Tibetan Buddhism
- Editing of 20 videos of an interview with Ven. Thubten Chodron, renowned teacher and author, and abbess of Sravasti Abbey, Newport, Washington
- Video recording of an interview with Sulak Sivaraksa, founder of the International Network of Engaged Buddhists
- Addition of the Berzin Archives Newsletter Archive on the website
- Construction of the first phase of the new English glossary
- Completion of examining the 3,780 unpublished, unedited English articles, translations and transcripts of Dr. Berzin, selecting 2,381 for future editing and publication on the website
All of this hard work is made possible by your continuing generous support. Together, we shall “Make the Ageless Wisdom of Tibet Available to All.”