Magical Classroom Methodology
Aula Mágica uses the Active methodology, which consists of a set of methods, techniques, and strategies that put the child at the center of learning, making them more autonomous and participative.
With the Active Methodology, we facilitate an education provides children with a pleasant working environment and innovative, participatory, dynamic, fun, meaningful, and active learning. It also seeks to implement different methods inside and outside the classroom, which are adapted to the subjects taught, the child's age, and the pace of teaching-learning. The alternative methods we use are:
- Montessori: the child can explore freely and discover from their curiosity and experiences with different didactic activities, including numbers and letters.
- Waldorf: we promote manual and artistic skills, contact with nature, and wholesome values.
- Learning based on thinking: we work with the children to develop critical thinking.
- Project method: This is carried out through spaces called “learning corners” such as reading corner, block corner, art corner, numbers and letters corner, music corner, and art corner, in which different activities can be explored, and where the children can experiment with various recycled and natural materials.
- Alphabetic and phonetic methods: we integrate the alphabet to learn vowels and consonants, as well as the sound, image, and movement of each letter.
- Newark method or story method: a story is read in each class, supporting the child's curiosity and imagination, and awakening a love for reading in which rhymes, games, tongue twisters, dramatizations, and reading comprehension are integrated.
-Star method: learning sounds and tracing letters of the alphabet.
-CNB (National Core Curriculum) AND Creative CURRICULUM: both curricula are combined so that facilitators have pedagogical tools providing the necessary content to encourage and support children, helping them to be successful, creative thinkers and achievers, and offering practical opportunities for exploration and discovery.
Among the strategies integrated into the program are small experiments, magic words, learning through play, educational audio, implementation of technology, and fine and gross motor techniques.
The benefits of the Active Methodology for the children of Aula Mágica are: a greater motivation for learning and for new information, the acquisition of new cognitive, social, and emotional skills, encouraging curiosity and imagination, developing motor and language skills, and fostering autonomy. In this way, we help children to be successful and become thinking, creative and confident children. The methodology is implemented and adapted according to each community's social and cultural context in the departments where we are currently working. Our facilitators become guides of learning, who use concrete experiences to create an education that is meaningful and effective.
Aula Mágica Guatemala/ Magical Classroom Guatemala
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.
We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.
Support this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page.Start a Fundraiser