1,600 meals provided
When Covid19 arrived in Ireland, we quickly reorganised our services and went into crisis mode to ensure that Cancer patients and our most vulnerable members of society were taken care of.
Imagine having to visit the hospital for your chemotherapy treatment, while also being very fearful of contracting Covid19. Cancer patients are at a very high risk of contracting Covid19 due to a weakened immune system.
Now think about how you are going to get to the hospital if you don't have a car and can't risk public transport.
Now think about when you get home and have to feed your children when there is no food in the house. Again you can't risk visiting a busy supermarket out of fear of getting Covid19.
At Purple House, we looked after all of these situations for over 6,650 people during Covid19 and this is all thanks to you and your generous donations.
We couldn't have done it without you.
Thanks to your support, we were able to provide the following during Covid19:
- 1,600 Meals Provided to families living with Cancer, who would otherwise go hungry.
- 357 Chemotherapy Transport Trips to ensure that patients continued to receive their Cancer treatment.
- 1,819 Cancer Support Sessions to ensure that Cancer patient's mental health and wellbeing was supported.
- 2,874 Crisis Phone Interventions to our most vulnerable members of society.
- Over 6,650 people helped during Covid19.
We are forever grateful to you for helping us to make such a vital difference.
367 Chemotherapy Trips Provided
1,819 Cancer Support Sessions Provided
2,874 Crisis Phone Interventions Provided
Over 6,500 people helped