Dear friends and supporters,
The purpose of this newsletter is to update subscribers on our project. To date, we have raised a mere $2,088, far from our goal of $26,000 for the year. Thanks to the donations that we have received to date, we still have a long way to go until we meet our goal, but we couldn’t have gotten this far without your help!
At Pratthandee Foundation, our goal is to provide free and high quality training to underprivileged girls in Ubon Ratchathani. Since 2011, our workshops have impacted over 5,000 girls from Ubon Ratchathani, one of the poorest provinces in Thailand.
The ‘Claim Your Rights Program’ equips girls with the life-saving skills they need to protect themselves and covers the following:
- Awareness of and Prevention of Danger: Raise awareness of a range of risks (including relationships, harassment, financial dependency, pregnancy and online grooming), tactics for avoiding the dangers and ways to deal with any incidents.
- Basic Self-Defense: Training in basic moves, such as wrist grabs, lapel grabs, and protection on the ground.
- Women’s Law and Rights: Raise awareness of the laws relevant to women, such as reporting domestic violence or assault to the police, and provide resources they need if they are unsure.
The Program is designed to be engaging with lots of games, multimedia resources and role playing. Not surprising, the feedback has been encouraging. In a recent series of workshops, the outcome was very positive.
- 94% highly agreed with the statement: “You can apply this knowledge to your daily life."
- 94% highly agreed with the statement: “This workshop was interesting.”
- 93% highly agreed with the statement: “The trainer gave good explanations and content during training.”
If you are looking at making an impact on the lives of others this year, keep us in mind. If you haven't donated yet and have been thinking of supporting impactful work, please donate now!