Dear VPUU Supporter and Friend,
You did it! With your help we have been able to achieve so much this year.
At the beginning of this year we have started a call for action: #ECD4ALL children between 0 and 6 years in Monwabisi Park. Our team has worked very hard with the community, parents, teachers and other stakeholders to turn this vision into reality. We have
- hired 4 additional teachers and will appoint 8 more by the end of this month. This means more manpower to take on more children.
- trained all our teachers in the Unlimited Child Curriculum and 1st 1000days and pre-grade R Programme
- conducted an Enumeration Survey of all children and pregnant mothers in Monwabisi Park. This assists with recruitment of children and increase awareness for the importance of ECD.
- solidified our relationship with the community, parents and the ECD Forum to work jointly on an ECD Strategy for Monwabisi Park
- continued working with the local Manzi Garden Group to offer ECD children healthy food and the opportunity to be part of the Bokhasi and Food Waste Programme
- started the process of international registration for our Active Box Toy Library
- started a partnership with Power of Play – an online learning platform for parents and teachers to learn how to stimulate and play with children
- initiated a relationship with Innovation Edge and will soon be the partner on the ground to test newest Virtual Reality (VR) Technology for ECD programmes
Our journey with GlobalGiving has been amazing! We have connected with so many passionate people like yourself who are committed to ensuring children get access to quality ECD programmes. We have decided to move off the GlobalGiving platform and use our website, and social media platforms to share stories, keep you updated, and fundraise. We are also starting a monthly newsletter which we would love you to join here.
Once again, we thank you making real change possible in the lives of some many children.
We’ll be in touch soon.
Isabel and George
If you want to stay connected please subscribe to our newsletter here.