Building our own solar car experiment!
After a special broadcast where some of our g4g Ambassadors from around the world met with the CEO of Solvay, Dr. Ilham Kadri, she shared how moving the experience was for her: "Thank you so much for the wonderful exchange! Loved the conversation with the girls, listening to their stories of passion and dedication in STEM. My advice? Dream big, look for your sponsor and never give up!" And we couldn’t agree more! We love that inspiration is infectious. It reminds girls and adults alike to be imaginative, take on challenges with resilience, and to not be afraid to play LOUDLY and often.
As we enter into a brand new year, we can't help but reflect on all the inspiring and new ways we innovated in the last 12 months. And what a year we had! We hosted our first events online, gathering attendees and role model speakers from across the globe, and we launched some incredible educational STEM kits. We introduced virtual STEM challenges, led a virtual career hackathon, and recorded nine experiment videos. We are even getting started on our first virtual and cross-continental after-school program. We couldn't have done so without all our wonderful donors whose generosity continues to fuel us.
We were especially thrilled to have been chosen as one of GlobalGiving's Projects of the Month in November, giving us a chance to encourage even more support from the community! We are so proud to have had 20+ events with over 5,000 participants and 4,500 volunteers engaged around the world... and this is all during a crazy pandemic year.
With that in mind, we invite you to take a peek at some of our favourite moments:
- Working with the US Embassy in Belgium to host the first-of-its-kind cross-cultural and virtual programme: The g4g Great Passport to STEM Challenge! 100 girls across Belgium and the US will be kicking off our program in February!
- Engaging more than 2,000 Solvay Employees in 10 languages to help them create educational STEM learning resource for kids around the world during their Citizen Day initiative. Check out the amazing results in the Future Innovator's Library.
- Partnering with CDK Global to host a 7-week g4g STEM Challenge Program this past summer for 65 interns at their company. The challenge? Bringing the STEM expertise of CDK to life for kids around the world!
- Bringing career skills to life in our first AIG and g4g Career Hackathon for students across the UK to see how STEM links to risk, budgeting, work culture, diversity, communication, and more! With AIG alone, we’ve had the great chance to bring forward more than 50 professional role models in their company to inspire girls in these months.
- Developing our first STEM kit in partnership with CDK Global and Project Helping which demonstrated solar power charging. Over 2,500 boxes were sent to adults and over 2,500 girls and boys received them! Check out all the details in our press release!
- Creating and producing episodes of our g4g broadcast series: Science, you had me at hello.® Ingenuity, innovation, creativity, resilience, exploration, dynamic, agility, purpose, inclusion, and more! All of the learnings from these episodes are available to YOU, and don’t forget to look here.
And with all that, it’s time to look ahead! We have innovation kits to prepare, more career hackathons to plan, and are gearing up to launch our first broadcast entirely in Spanish in partnership with the European Parliament on the theme of Future next week. Stay tuned for all the events and activities coming soon!
As always, thank you for helping us share our mission and supporting us especially through this incredibly transformative time. From all of us g4g, we wish you a safe, happy, and healthy new year!
Our g4g Ambassadors meet with Solvay virtually
Our broadcast talks all things inclusion!
Highlighting STEM role models in the community