Girl Rising and our Program Partners have been working urgently to adapt our program delivery to the new circumstances of the lockdowns caused by the pandemic and to respond to the needs of girls and young women in the community.
- We developed and are now delivering a community radio program to deliver or curriculum teaching life skills, growth mindsets, knowledge of rights, self-advocacy and leadership to hundreds of young people in three regions.
- We have built new partnerships with community organizations to deliver home-learning materials in different local languages
- We have led training workshops for mentors on Girl Rising curriculum, gender issues and M&E
- We have provided monthly stipends for the mentors in partner programs as well as transportation so they can get to the communities where they facilitate sessions
- We continue to work on translation and dubbing of the Girl Rising films into Mayan languages, which will be done in early 2020