ACC peers at work before the Pandemic
AMBA is an Ashoka Fellow driven Social Enterprise, a registered Trust since 2004.
AMBA REGISTRATION DETAILS:
- 80G Registration Number: DIT(E)BLR/80G/158/AABTA4764G/ITO(E)-1/Vol2011-2012
- 12A Registration: DIT(E)/12A/Vol.IV/A-1021/W-1/05-06
- FCRA Registration: 094421635 (SBI Accounts opened in Delhi as per the new requirements of GOI)
- Trust Deed: GAN-4-00068-2004-05
- Registration under Ministry of Corporate Affairs to enable CSR Partnerships: CSR00001671
AMBA over the last 17+ years has built collaborations with Special Institutions, has set up 475 hubs for Alternate Learning leading to Employment for adults with moderate to severe intellectual disability across 25 states in India. 80% are from Rural India. 37% of our work force are now women.
AMBA curriculum with Copyright© status Pan India, is adaptive, visual and functional using the computer as a tool to enable back end services, meeting Service Level Agreement ((SLA) of the Client. The process of fine tuning the curriculum, has evolved so many one of its kind processes, that have added huge value, to indirectly mainstreaming this community.
Challenges with work post Global Automation is still a struggle and we invite Individuals and Private Sector Organisations from India and Overseas to come forward to help us generate more opportunities of work to match the scale of Training. In the Financial Year 2019-20, 105 ACPCs (AMBA Certified Partner Centres) are scheduled to start Live work. 83 ACPC’s from Rural India where bringing employment in general is challenging.
AMBA has leveraged Technology to enable Alternate Learning and Employment to adults with moderate to severe intellectual disabilities pan India. It took us 12 years to develop and fine tune the AMBA ‘Copyrighted’ Curriculum within 31 pilots, using Peer Driven Processes. This resulted in functional usage of the computer to outflow accurate data processing, meeting service level agreements of the client.
The cost per beneficiary is just Rs. 27,000/- all the way into work to include the laptop, training and monitoring using ICT and physically visiting and abetting progress.
Better internet connectivity to 80% of the AMBA partnerships in small towns and villages to abet productivity. Dongles are core productive than wired connectivity in most places Back end jobs from the Telecommunications, Banking, Passport, Insurance sectors to the AMBA Core Center in Bangalore to route work to the AMBA Certified Partnerships across India.
- Short Term FY 2021-22: To enable Training and Decent Employment to 756 beneficiary Adults during 2nd Wave of Pandemic in FY 2021-22 within 63 AMBA Certified Partner Centres (ACPCs) across 15 States in India.
- Long Term - FY 2021-26 a) To Revive and Enable Productivity to operate successfully within 412 ACPCs across 25 states in India during the 2nd Wave of the Pandemic and after to enable ACPCs and their 8000 beneficiaries to become financially and operationally self-sustained before 2026. b) To continue to support ACPCs holistically during the Pandemic…
AMBA’s KEY ACHIEVEMENTS IN FY 2020-21:
- AMBA successfully with the support of Indian Air Force and community participation enabled dry rations and medicine to 2450 AMBA families from 11 states in India, in the initial stages of the Pandemic and then helped them to resource support from their State programs to make them sustainable, independent of AMBA
- Team AMBA has offered the AMBA Core Centre premises in Bangalore to DNA (with AMBA parents driving the initiative) as a location to enable Covid Vaccination for Persons with Disability across the spectrum in North Bangalore Division. AMBA has also started distributing and is in the process of helping 1200 AMBA beneficiaries and their families fill the relevant forms for vaccination within 66 ACPCs in Bangalore and 21 districts of Karnataka.
- At the onset of Corona Virus, AMBA strategy meetings with Core staff derived solution for beneficiary-community to stay connected with their core competence and deliver excellence from home. Therefore, from working within supervised environments they were guided/trained to work from Home, training/monitoring using remote access software and WhatsApp.
- Despite disastrous closing of ACPCs, Team AMBA has been productive throughout the Pandemic, reaching out successfully to enable productive work training to 756 beneficiaries within 60% of 63 ACPCs who are now ready to start Live work.
- AMBA signed the contracted Agreement with Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) to start the first phase of Live work, data processing Bhav Equity forms for the years 1990, 1989 & 1988. Again to keep in parallel with mainstream thinking and execution AMBA is executing the data processing in partnership with an AI Data processing organisation, with the QC and final insert of required logic executed by our Peers at the AMBA Core Centre. In the second phase 756 beneficiaries from 63 ACPCs already trained will be given the opportunity to do the same work to become contributing members of their Home and Society. For enabling QC and Logic using peers, AMBA has with the help of volunteers under the Leadership of AMBA Director Technology evolved an appropriate software to initially do the QC and thereafter the software on submit automatically inserts the Logic required by BSE.
- Behaviour challenges at Home are resolved by keeping beneficiaries occupied doing AMBA Training for most of the day, 5 days in the week. Team AMBA connects with groups using WhatsApp Video calls to keep their spirits up!
- Team AMBA has started to evolve a New Virtual curriculum to complete training for the 412 closed ACPCs in a much shorter period of time and from Home if necessary. The ACC when it gets a small reprieve from the Pandemic will complete development of the Virtual Curriculum.
- Their confidence levels soar.
- Communications improve. Behaviour challenges become a thing of the past.
- They are so proud of the fact that they working from home during the Pandemic like their mainstream siblings and Parents!
- Becoming contributors makes parent so proud of their achievements and this sense of pride in their children’s accomplishment rubs off on neighbors and friends which brings about huge social change.
- Enabling work immediately eradicates the ‘stigma’ attached to this community
AMBA also invites similar partnerships for Funding to AMBA Core Center for the next three financial Years 2021-2024. Approximately summing up to INR 10 crores…to abet our ACPCs in scale.
ACCOLADES: AMBA has been endorsed locally, nationally and internationally for the AMBA Concept and the employment it has and can generate. However, in the big picture, this is a small beginning, with miles to go...
- Peer Recipient Rotary Award 2020(Received online)
- 1st Runner up Senior Entrepreneur 2020, the Silver Awards
- Peer Recipient- CII Woman Exemplar 2017 (Runner - Up); CII Woman’s Exemplar Award 2013 for Education (Peer Recipient)
- Digital India Award in the category ‘Good for India-Digital Innovation in Skills and Employment solutions’
- The Collaboration between Oklahoma University, UNHQ & AMBA to take AMBA Global (beginning 2017-18)
- Best NGO-KARNATAKA, 2016
- Empaneled under United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- Associate Member, CoNGO (The Conference of NGO's in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations).
- Helen Keller Award 2016 (Peer Recipient); Helen Keller Awards 2015 (AMBA)
- Global Sourcing Council 3S Awards under Impact Sourcing category presented at the United Nations Headquarters, New York.
- NIMHANS Felicitation-
- DeRozio Award 2007
- Ashoka Fellowship
A residential solution in the parents’ lifetime. We really need support to enable scale in continuity, to enable a movement to ensure scale even beyond us:
The Social impact in giving them the dignity of becoming contributors to their home and Society is amazing to witness.
Now more than ever, we need you to put your faith in AMBA.
AMBA Peer work from home during the Pandemic