By Capt. Indraani Singh | CEO & Managing Trustee
Project progress at Manoharthana - Radhika's
Literacy India`s Project Karigari has embarked on a journey to nurture a generation of trailblazers—women and youth poised to lead sustainable development. Our Grassroot Skills program unleashes creativity, encompassing fields from Stitching and Dressmaking to Beauty, Wellness, Painting, Embroidery, Basic IT Skills to Future Skills.
Recognizing the pivotal role of women and youth in sustainable development, Karigari focuses on two skill development segments: Grassroot and Digital Skill Development.
For over two decades, Literacy India has championed technology-aided education, aligning with the evolving landscape of the fourth industrial revolution. The shift in education policies, directed by the Government of India, underscores the changing nature of jobs and required skills.
Literacy India's Future Skill Project goes beyond the curriculum, exposing learners to technology's vast potential. Students hone critical thinking and problem-solving skills through engaging projects, fostering enthusiasm and confidence for aspirational jobs.
The Karigari Program elevates the status of women and youth by providing tailored vocational training, aligning with beneficiaries' preferences and aptitude.
- Computer literacy creates pathways to IT-related careers, driving entrepreneurship in regions like Delhi, Haryana, West Bengal, Jharkhand, and Rajasthan.
- Skills in stitching, embroidery, beauty culture, and more empower beneficiaries to enter the garment industry or establish their own units.
- Vocational driving training opens doors to careers in the automobile and transport industry, or supports self-employment as professional drivers.
- Rural-community-based skills like kitchen gardening and organic farming foster self-sustainability.
- Future Skill Training in Digital Marketing, Web Development, and Coding equips learners with in-demand skills.
- Conducted a comprehensive area survey to identify beneficiaries.
- Assessed skills and training needs for maximum impact.
- Installed necessary equipment and machinery.
- Held orientation sessions for beneficiaries.
- Provided ongoing, module-based training until program completion.
- Offered business development workshops, motivational sessions, and internships for deepening knowledge and work culture understanding.
- Provided support in setting up business models and ongoing sustainability.
- Extended assistance for job placement and offered career orientation sessions.
Literacy India are committed to empowering rural India through digital entrepreneurship, paving the way for a brighter, more sustainable future.
Rural Futures: Radhika's(Name Changed) Journey with Literacy India
Radhika(Name Changed) , a bright young graduate hailing from the rustic village of Buradi in Rajasthan, symbolizes the transformational impact of Literacy India's educational initiatives. Her journey exemplifies the realignment of aspirations, the embodiment of dedication, and the creation of opportunities.
Radhika's story not only touches the lives of beneficiaries but also engages the entire community and its potential stakeholders. It reflects the heartfelt involvement of Literacy India, which actively participated in Radhika's journey.
At the heart of this narrative is the power of education. Radhika embarked on her remarkable journey by enrolling in a basic computer course at Literacy India's Manoharthana center. Her unwavering dedication led to successfully completing the CCA/RSIT program. The impact of this educational endeavor on Radhika's life showcases how quality education is the cornerstone of empowerment.
The role of Radhika's father, initially hesitant about the idea of establishing an Internet kiosk, is integral to this story. It demonstrates the power of counseling and support. Through this engagement, Radhika's father overcame his reservations and embraced the potential for digital services in their village.
Radhika's village, Buradi, situated 10 kilometers from the main market in Manohar Thana, presents a typical rural setting with limited land holdings. Radhika's family background as caretakers at a seed shop highlights the need for diversification and the introduction of digital services in their lives. The transformation of their village from a place with limited access to digital facilities into a hub for ten surrounding villages, including Awalhera, Jhiri, Piplodo, Manpathar, Goriyakothi, and Manyakhedi, showcases the broader community impact.
Radhika's venture, the Digital Service Center (CSC Center), today provides invaluable digital services to her community and neighboring areas. Her journey of empowerment catalyzed her family's endeavors as well. Her father, once hesitant about new opportunities, now contemplates opening a small seed shop in their village market. Her younger brother, previously preoccupied with friends, has transitioned into an active supporter of Radhika's digital venture. This holistic transformation emphasizes the widespread and intergenerational impact of Literacy India's programs.
Radhika's story addresses the needs of various stakeholders, from donors seeking to witness the tangible impact of their contributions to partners aligned with promoting digital empowerment in rural areas. It resonates with all who wish to see sustainable changes in the lives of the underprivileged. Radhika's father's pride and happiness in witnessing his daughter's journey from digital education to entrepreneurship serve as a testament to the hope instilled by programs like Literacy India's. It highlights the potential for empowerment and prosperity in rural India through education, support, and innovative opportunities.
Radhika's journey is more than a personal achievement; it's a transformative impact story that reflects the objectives, accountability, and transparency valued by all stakeholders involved in Literacy India's mission.