| Mar 30, 2023
March 2023 Quarterly Impact Report - CyprusInno
By Steven W. Stavrou & Burak Berk Doluay | Directors
Food Waste Hackathon "hackers" in action!
We've just concluded the 1st quarter of an exciting new year and we're thrilled to share our first quarterly impact report of 2023, bringing you up-to-speed on amazing moments that have occurred in this special space we have built together!
With your great support, hundreds of young entrepreneurs and innovators from communities across our divided island continue to benefit from hackathons, diverse panels and hands-on trainings, networking, coworking space, podcasting, and more that has helped them in building skills as well as creating lasting relationships and potential collaborations, or what we refer to as sustainable peace through entrepreneurship.
In this quarterly update, we'll bring to the forefront a few key moments that have contributed to this impact since our last report, including but not limited to:
- Fostering island-wide collaborations via our coworking, with new resident teams, and community events of 100+ participants
- A 3-day weekend Food Waste Hackathon with UNDP, the European Commission, and various local Embassies that brought together 50+ social innovators and experts from across the island to build innovative solutions together
- The recording of multiple podcast series in our studio with diverse guests
Our ongoing operations as a community space also helped us support other amazing initiatives by local organisations who, in partnership with us, hosted activities at The Base. These initiatives included but were not limited to:
- An interactive workshop on financial management for new or aspiring young Cypriot social entrepreneurs just starting out
- A half-day tour and panel Q&A with Radbound University on intercommunal relations
- A social innovation training with participants from multiple European countries focusing on skills necessary for social enterprise
We are also excited to update you on significant milestones that happened during this time:
- Welcomed our newest team member, Alexia, as our Community Manager leading day-to-day operations, programming & fostering our vibrant community (she's already making a huge impact)
- Featured in UN Peacekeeping's global Action for Peacekeeping story series
- Received the Stelios Bicommunal Award for promoting lasting peace in Cyprus via business
- Launched our first SDG campaign around World Water Day and offered in-kind coworking resources to intercommunal water projects
We have many exciting things in the pipeline for the rest of 2023, including more startup training, more panels and events, new upgrades to the space, and more mentorship! Your support helped make all of this possible. So, once again, we sincerely thank you for your belief in our vision.
Coworkers hard at work at The Base!
New podcast episodes being recorded monthly!
Friday evening panel discussion at The Base
Innovators outside The Base by CyprusInno
A tour and panel Q&A for university students