Bitone Troupe Perfom on a Wedding
Dear friend, we would like to thank you for your continued support towards Bitone center for disadvantaged children. Thanks again for considering supporting us through Global Giving. It’s our pleasure working with you as we offer life skills to our needy children through providing shelter, education and arts empowerment. We sincerely appreciate and value your contribution so highly!
Our efforts are continually inspired by everyday success stories of our current 24 children. The Bitone’s wholistic approach which unlocks the potential of this generation by providing tools for success in life, creating confident, skillful, visionary leaders re-affirms that children can take charge of their lives if given an opportunity. Values of trustworthiness, sincerity, tolerance, empathy and interpersonal intelligence continue to grow in each child every day.
Located in Lugoba Village Kawempe Division in Kampala District, Bitone Children's Center has established itself as a home for rebuilding voices of hope. By educating community members through our regular music and dance trainings and performances in our local village and across the country, we help raise awareness of children’s vulnerabilities and their rights.
Bitone Website Progress:
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we were unable to launch the New Website as we promised. The person who was developing the site eventually failed due lack of adequate skills and resources. Currently, we are seeking for any volunteer who might be willing to offer their technical skills or advice in developing this highly needed new site. Our current site is at: www.bitonechildren.org In case you are interested in offering any kind of help on this matter, kindly contact our Executive Director –Branco Lawrence Sekalegga at: email@example.com
Bitone Troupe has been hired to perform at a corporate reception on the October 24, 2010 in Kampala. As usual, Bitone children will showcase their new performance repertoire that involves instrumental music, vocal music, poetry and Ugandan traditional dances. All revenue from this concert will go towards paying the outstanding children medical bills as accumulated in the months of July, August and October.
The troupe’s vision is that by providing artistic training in music and dance, our children’s lives can again become meaningful and productive. We aim at providing the next generation of Ugandans to fully participate and assume leadership roles in their communities.
Bitone Center is proud to announce that starting October 18, 2010 our senior four students –Gloria K. Pichan and Rosco Kayongo will begin their final exams (Uganda National Examinations Board) at Kawempe Royal College. The exams will be concluded in late November this year. We would like to wish them great success!
Similarly, our primary candidates –Godfrey Sekitto, Steven Kyobe, Joan Suubi Afochian, Joseph Mayanja, and Sylvia Nansumba will sit for their Primary Leaving Examinations (P.L.E) on November 2nd -3rd this year. We also wish them good luck in their academic endeavors.
This is one of our busiest academic semesters and we invite you to continue support these young ones in any way possible to help them ensure academic success. With your help, we can make a powerful investment into Uganda’s future and elsewhere in the world. If you would like to sponsor a child for a year (or part of the year), or provide any other forms of education assistance, please consider making a donation. The current education costs for our children are as below:
- Primary School (13 students): $150 per term or $450 per year:
- Secondary School (9 students): $170 per term or $510 per year:
- University Level (2 students): $400 per term or $800 per year:
We would also like to share with you our current Bitone plans as part of the resources needed for the benefit of Bitone children. As always, gifts to Bitone Children's Center perform forever. Your continuous gifts/donations support the center and meet the needs of the children far into the future. Even though most of our children had lost meaning in life, it’s because of the power of love, their lives have been transformed and given meaning with new hope and a new start.
We invite you to make a donation to support any of our current special projects below:
1. Solar Cookers: In an attempt to reduce the costs spent on charcoal, Bitone seeks to obtain 3 solar cookers for cooking purposes. Every month, Bitone spends about $115.00 on charcoal purchases. Acquiring solar cookers will also help address the global environmental issues such as global warming and respiratory healthy complications to which our children are vulnerable.
2. Solar Powered Refrigerators: These will help keep perishable foods and fruits longer. They will also assist in keeping water safe and clean for the children to prevent water-borne diseases such as diarrhea and typhoid.
3. Sound Equipment for Bitone Performances: We seek to obtain our own sound equipment so revenue received from Bitone Troupe performances is not absorbed by costly equipment rental. These include;
a. Amplifiers (02) –professional 4,000 Watts
b. Mixers (02) –Minimum 12 output channel
c. Microphones (15) –divided into cordless, clipped and cabled
d. Microphone stands: Minimum (10)
e. Speakers: Tops (4) and Basses (2)–full range (1,000 Watts)
f. Stage lights: Portable (1 full set)
g. Step down/Converter/Power stabilizer: 240 Voltage (2)
h. Speaker-ons, wires and cross-over for speakers (several)
i. Power generator (1)
4. Rain Water Storage Tank Combo: Installing a water tank will ensure efficient water supply at the center for hygienic purposes –washing, cooking, showering etc.
5. Indoor and Outdoor games: During leisure time, kids need to engage in such games for health purposes, and to boost the socialization aspect on which Bitone is built. So, we seek to acquire various children’s and youth games that are appropriate to them.
As always, we would like to hear from you –what you think about our project and/or if there is anything you would like us to address!
If you have any inquiries, please write to our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Godfrey rocking on the Bass Adungu
Steven in Class at Kawempe Royal
Angel in a Dance Workshop
Augustine Composing on a Bow Harp
Bitone kids enjoying a party