Thank you for keep supporting our activities in Afghanistan in these difficult times.
As you know the security has radically deteriorated in the last few months. People are worried about the withdrawal of international forces and the political instability which makes the future uncertain. Millions of children are abandoned from a happy, joyful, and constructive childhood. Our work in Afghanistan is now becoming even more challenging and at the same time much more essential in bringing hope and keep being an inspiration for children and a reminder of peace, joy, and laughter.
As an increasing number of internationals are leaving Afghanistan we are asked if we leave Afghanistan too. The response is NO. We will NOT leave the children at such a crucial time and are modifying our activities and management systems to guarantee the continuation of our work. These modifications, adjustments, and adaptations are what we have always been doing on smaller scales, and we would naturally keep the same strategy to cope with any new radical changes in the situation.
Here some good news from Afghanistan:
- We received a 40-foot gigantic box of presents in May, a container full of circus equipment from the Netherlands. Thanks to Capriool Circus and MMCCNetherlands who donated and organized this amazing present for children of Afghanistan. The equipment is already partially distributed and the rest is on the way to the provinces.
- We are decentralizing our activities to have more teams and groups of youth to take over Social Circus and Youth activities in Kabul and provinces. The youth activities are mainly focused on social, cultural, and environmental activities and Social Circus mainly for the younger children.
- Because of the pandemic and especially now the 3rd wave of the Covid-19 (& Black Fungus) we keep following all the protection measures and have more focus on promoting and educating our audience on how to protect themselves and fight the pandemic.
- Our Herat Province center has been particularly active in the last few months in training and preparations also performances for the local TV stations.
- For other provinces, we are working on a new system of management to support the youth initiatives and teams to reach more children and youth in a much more decentralized way.
The pandemic and the recent decrease in the international engagement and interest in Afghanistan, and deterioration of security, and the pandemic all together have reduced our funds drastically. We are now more than ever relying on our fans and friends to support our work. Here are 3 additional ways you can support us:
1- Joining, & Promoting our social media: www.facebook.com/MMCCGlobal & www.instagram.com/MMCCGlobal & www.linkedin.com/company/MMCCGlobal
2- Sharing this report & fundraising link with your networks: www.globalgiving.org/projects/BackToLife
3- Making your own fundraiser (for MMCC´s BackToLife campaign) in a few steps by this link: www.globalgiving.org/fundraisers
Berit and David