Dear friend and supporter,
Thank you for reading our first progress update during 2021. We are happy to say we have started the year strong, following the strategic plan and calendar created by the families we work with and regional staff during October 2021 and approved by the Operations Manager, General Director and Board of Directors of the organization.
Three of our main goals for this region during 2021 are:
1. Children and adolescents from Tultitlán, State of Mexico receive quality academic services, according to the local context
2. Mothers and fathers learn and apply tools to promote healthy coexistence at home
3. Families from Tultitlán, State of Mexico learn the value of producing food locally and produce and consume various vegetables harvested in their backyard.
More specifically, our goals are:
- 40 children and adolescents improve their academic preparation, and advance one grade in their studies
- 20 mothers and fathers apply knowledge acquired in 6 sessions of a workshop on parenting
- 20 family representatives receive assistance via telephone or online, to work with the socio-emotional and psycho-pedagogical needs of their family.
- 18 workshops on urban gardens facilitated in 2021 with the participation of 50 people
- 6 families build a new garden at home and 8 families maintain their gardens built in previous years.
Finally, right now we are transitioning from virtual attention to a hybrid model in which we accept groups of maximum 5 children in the community center at a time for education, respecting all health and hygiene recommendations. Workshops for parents and psychological accompaniment are still being held primarily virtually, but slowly will transition to in-person appointments when necessary and appropriate.
We are looking forward to sharing our advances with you this year! We can´t wait to see all these goals and more achieved.