Dear DAKTARI Friends and Supporters,
First, I would like to say a huge THANK YOU for your support and generous donation toward our 'Easter Gift - Sponsor An Animal' project. Your trust and support means a lot to DAKTARI.
During these 3 months of the campaign:
- We rehabilitated our Mongooses: The cohabitation was not easy between all of our baby banded mongooses that we raised, so we separated them into 3 small groups. But changes have occurred: we moved them, mixed them and finally we have 10 mongooses who live all together now. It is really good news because we can now plan their release in the wild. For a few weeks, unfortunately Iriska, our last baby mongoose, was agressively bitting her tail. We took her to the vet and he decided that it was best to cut off her tail, a surgery that she recovered very quickly from. The best thing to do now is to give her all the care she needs but we now have to wait about 1 more month to release all the Mongooses into the wild.
- We created enrichment for our Caracal: The volunteers have created a few games to make life a bit more interesting for Shangaan. They found a way to hide his food inside a soccer ball, placed just out of his reach, so he has to search for his prey, jump and hunt for it. They also created a big scratch wall. All carnivores need to be curious to survive!
- We have had new Babies: King Kong and Leila, our 2 Marmosets, have had 2 infants, that you can help us spoil by clicking here. Unfortunately one of the baby passed away 3 weeks ago. Yster, our porcupine who visits us each night, has also given birth to 2 adorable baby pourcupine.
Do you want to know more about what exciting news happened these last 3 months at DAKTARI?
Don’t wait another minute and CLICK HERE to read our NEWSLETTER! Animals, children, release of a Pangolin, TutuDesk, Build4DAKTARI Campaigns and so on, you will find all our adventures! :)
It's Holiday Season! Make an Animal happy!
Our "Easter Project" has been retired from Global Giving without being completely funded. However, did I mention that you can always support an animal and make him happy during this Holiday Season? Well, you can! From July to September, don’t miss the opportunity to make another donation, as a gift for an animal to pamper him with new games in his enclosure for holiday, and as a gift on behalf of your loved one.
Indeed, our Virtual Gift concept does exactly that - rather than just asking for donations to cover the cost of an animal at DAKTARI, we ask you to make your donation on behalf of someone else and we send you a personalised gift certificate to be given to this person. So, interested?
CLICK HERE to sponsor an Animal for this Holiday Season and receive your Virtual Gift:
- There is a minimum donation amount of just $10
- To receive your personalised certificate after making your donation, just email us the name of your gift recipient and the animal you have choosen.
THANK YOU again for supporting our lovely animals at DAKTARI! Continuing to purchase our Virtual Gifts will allow us to keep them safe and happy, educating South Africa's next generation to care and love their environment, their heritage, their future.
Many thanks and best regards,
Anne-Sophie Mathieu – Marketing Manager
PS: Have you ever thought to make a recurring donation through Global Giving? This will save you time, and you can budget as much as you can afford. Monthly donations are very important to us. It helps us to be sustainable but also cheers us up tremendously to know you are thinking of us :)
Enrichment for the Caracal
Banchee is eating his banana
Our baby mongoose after her visit at the vet