The Wellness Program is a school-wide initiative that fosters a culture of wellness -mental, physical, emotional, social, and spiritual -among all our community members. Its focus lies on the prevention, detection, and intervention by addressing both the culture and training of students and staff to take care of themselves and each other.
- Our students learn how to take care of themselves and others to become agents of change who promote peace by becoming healthier, happier individuals.
- Students develop more robust and closer bonds with adults on campus to help them feel more comfortable asking for support when needed.
- All UWC Costa Rica students have access and receive support from professional counselors when needed.
- At UWC Costa Rica, mental health is everyone's business and also an individual responsibility.
- Launch of a Wellness Campaign on Social Media that shares tips, tools, and resources to support our global UWC Costa Rica community in taking care of their mental and physical health in these difficult times.
- Weekly programming to help our students build skills, knowledge, and awareness on consent; assertive and intercultural communication; managing grief, uncertainty, stress, anxiety; time management and prioritization; conflict transformation; self-care; and many, many more!