Traditional teaching at Wings
Aasraa continues to spread its wings across Dehradun. We have now 9 after school support projects impacting almost 1,300 children.
As excited as we are to benefit a greater number of children, we understand that it is equally important to do regular impact assessment of our programs. The Wings of Doon program at Aasraa combines the traditional teaching methodology and modern technology. Our implementation of Computer Aided Learning (CAL) is simple – interactive, colourful and high-quality teaching programs and e-learning materials used on large TV Screens, individual computers and hand-held tablets. This type of education instantly captures the imagination of the children, making learning fun.
Our constant endeavor is to offer quality education to our children. The difference in their learning levels significantly influence our teaching strategies and how we can improve to maximize our impact.
In May 2018, we initiated our first impact assessment study to:
- Study the impact of Wings of Doon Program - after school remedial program.
- Study the impact of CAL Wings program over the traditional Wings program.
- Study the impact of traditional school teaching plus CAL Wings program over traditional school teaching plus traditional Wings program.
Sample of students selected for this analysis is based on following parameters:
- Equal number of students in each group (CAL & Non-CAL) for Classes 6th, 7th and 8th
- Student must be enrolled in the Wings program for at least 1 year
- Attendance of the student should be equal to or more than 85% in school and Wings program.
- Student must be present throughout the study process in all sessions and tests
The results of the study, expected to come out by the end of September 2018, will enable us to gauge the grasp of children at the Wings program and improvise our teaching methods to ensure that they have clear understanding of the subject matter.
In 2018, 10 children sat their 12th Board Exams out of which 4 boys have cleared the State Polytechnic exam with ranking in the top 1000 and are now enrolled at polytechnic colleges. 4 of tomorrow’s leaders; shaped by Wings of Doon.
We attribute our progress and achievements to the valuable support of our donors and well wishers like you. Your kind contributions and encouragement have enabled us to continue building our programs for the betterment of all marginalized children under Aasraa’s umbrella.
Computer Aided Learning at Wings Program