March 2020 Accelerator Terms + Conditions
Crowdfunding Campaign (March 9-25):
- The March 2020 Accelerator is an online crowdfunding campaign for nonprofits looking to earn permanent partnership on GlobalGiving.
- To participate, eligible participants must submit a project on GlobalGiving by Friday, February 28. Upon submission of your project, the GlobalGiving Team will review your materials and email you in one-three business days.
- It is required to have an approved project on GlobalGiving in order to fundraise during the Accelerator. During the Accelerator, you can only have one project.
- If approved, your project will be visible on the GlobalGiving website and able to receive donations starting Monday, March 9, 9 a.m. ET.
- To earn permanent partnership, organizations must raise at least $5,000 USD from at least 40 unique donors during the March 9-25 time frame and have an approved due diligence.
- Projects that do not raise at least $5,000 USD from at least 40 unique donors during the fundraising time frame will be retired (no longer visible on GlobalGiving or able to receive donations) after Wednesday, March 25, 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Projects that have valid due diligence through July 2020 and do not raise at least $5,000 USD from at least 40 unique donors may be invited to participate in the June 2020 Accelerator.
- Leaderboards: During the campaign, participant fundraising totals and prize progress will be displayed on leaderboards. There will be one Main Leaderboard that captures activity from start to finish and a 24-hour Bonus Day Leaderboard.
Bonus Day Terms + Conditions
- From 00:00:00 ET to 23:59:59 ET on Wednesday, March 18, all Accelerator participants will compete for a share of GlobalGiving’s $20,000 Incentive Fund + two $1,000 bonus prizes.
- $20,000 Incentive Fund: Will be distributed to participants proportionally based on final fundraising totals during the day. This means that, at the end of Bonus Day, the projects that bring in the most dollars will win the largest slice of the Incentive Fund and every project that activates donors will earn something. Your final share of the Incentive Fund will not be determined until Bonus Day ends at 23:59:59 ET.
- Each participants’ portion of the Incentive Fund is determined as follows: [Total Project Donations on Bonus Day] ÷ [Total Donations To All Projects on Bonus Day] * [$20,000] ≈ Your portion of the Incentive Fund
- Throughout the day, your portion of the Incentive Fund will be displayed and fluctuate on the Bonus Day Leaderboard. The leaderboard will recalculate every 3 minutes. At midnight ET on March 18, prizes will be locked.
- Only online donations up to $5,000 per donor per project will count towards earning a portion of the Incentive Fund.
- Checks and wire transfers will not count on Bonus Day but will count on the Main Accelerator Leaderboard.
- GlobalGiving will indicate in your donation manager which donations count towards your total raised on Bonus Day based on the time of the donation, the method of payment, and the unique donor criteria.
- Bonus Day Cash Prizes for Projects with:
- Most Funds Raised: $1,000
- Most Unique Donors: $1,000
- Prize money (incentive funds and bonus prizes) does not count towards the $5,000 and 40 donor thresholds.
- Recurring Donations: On Bonus Day, any new, unique recurring donors secured will count as two unique donors towards the Most Unique Donor prize as well as towards the project’s overall donor count in the Accelerator. Additionally, new recurring donations up to $200 per donor per project will have their initial donation matched at 100% after the fourth donation. See the “Monthly Giving Offers!” section of the main Accelerator Terms + Conditions for complete details.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to make final decisions on all matters concerning the allocation of cash prizes.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- Information in the main Accelerator Terms + Conditions on tax-efficient giving, fees, exchange rates, disbursements, disqualification, unique donors, and vetting applies to the Accelerator Bonus Day.
- Only organizations participating in GlobalGiving’s March 2020 Accelerator are eligible to participate in this Accelerator Bonus Day.
- At the end of the Accelerator, cash prizes will be awarded to projects in the following categories:
- Most Funds Raised: $4,000, $2,000, $1,000
- Most Unique Donors: $2,000, $1,000, $500
- Promotional prizes will be awarded to all projects that meet the corresponding thresholds at the end of the Accelerator:
- Email Promotion: All projects that raise at least $7,500 from 50 unique donors during the Accelerator will be featured in a special email promotion following the end of the Accelerator.
- Homepage Time: Projects that raise at least $10,000 from 60 unique donors during the Accelerator will earn a spot on GlobalGiving’s homepage for a full day in 2020.
Monthly Giving Offers!
- Monthly Donors Count Twice: To encourage donors to set up recurring donations in support for your project, each active, unique recurring donor to your project counts twice towards your goal of 40 unique donors and towards donor bonus prizes. (For example: If an organization gets three unique recurring donors, those three donors will count as six towards the Accelerator graduate goal of 40.) If a recurring donation is cancelled before the end of the Accelerator, the unique donor will only count once.
- Recurring Donation Match: During the March 2020 Accelerator, new recurring donations up to $200 per donor per project will have their initial donation matched at 100% after the fourth donation. (Example: Your organization gets one $50 monthly donor during the March 2020 Accelerator. After their June 2020 payment, GlobalGiving will match the initial donation at 100% with $50.) Should the recurring donation be cancelled before the third automatic payment the match will not be applied. Recurring donations made by project leaders or staff of the recipient project or organization are not eligible for matching.
- Recurring donations to projects of organizations that do not become GlobalGiving partners will be automatically canceled at the conclusion of the March 2020 Accelerator (March 25).
Donation Methods + Eligibility:
- Eligible Donations Methods: Debit card, credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, checks (read fourth bullet), wire transfer, individually purchased GlobalGiving gift cards, and mobile donations through M-Changa.
- Ineligible Payment Methods: Cash, text-to-give donations, CAF check, CAF online, donations made by JustGiving, corporate gift cards, donations made on any other GlobalGiving corporate or organizational giving sites, stock donations, estate planning, donations made directly to an organization rather than a GlobalGiving project, or donations made through Facebook.
- Online donations made by credit card, debit card, PayPal, and Apple Pay must be made by the account or credit card holder.
- Checks + Wire Transfers: Checks and wire transfers received by GlobalGiving by Thursday, March 19, will be included in Accelerator totals and count towards overall bonus prizes. Checks + wire transfers received after said date will be applied to the indicated project, but there is no guarantee they will count in the Accelerator.
- Checks and wire transfers will not count towards prizes on the Bonus Day.
- Indicate project title and ID on the memo line for the funds to get processed accurately and in a timely fashion. Include an email address on the check to get signed up to receive updates on the project.
- Send checks in USD and Canadian dollars to GlobalGiving’s DC office:
- Make payable to: GlobalGiving Foundation
- Mail to: 1110 Vermont Ave NW, Suite 550, Washington, DC 20005, USA
- Note: GlobalGiving accepts checks issued in the US at and above $10 USD. GlobalGiving’s DC office cannot cash checks from outside the US in amounts less than $100 USD or equivalent in the local currency.
- Send checks in GBP and Euros to GlobalGiving’s London office:
- Make payable to: GlobalGiving UK
- Mail to: GlobalGiving UK: 208A Brick Lane, London E1 6SA
- All donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- Any activity not in the spirit of requesting separate individuals to support donations is being moderated by GlobalGiving, and GlobalGiving reserves the right to permanently disqualify organizations for any attempts of misconduct.
- Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We monitor these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted towards the Accelerator thresholds and cash prizes.
- Any transactions that are reported as fraudulent and/or reversed jeopardizes your participation and GlobalGiving retains the discretion to disqualify your organization from the Accelerator.
- The exchange rate will be estimated at the time of the donation, but may be subject to change until the donation settles with the donor’s bank or credit card. Funds will be disbursed using the exchange rate based on the settlement value of each transaction.
- Funds raised by US-based organizations during the Accelerator will be disbursed at the end of April 2020. Non-US organizations that raise at least $100 USD will also be disbursed at the end of April 2020.
- Non-US organizations that raise less than $100 USD will not receive their funds at the end of April 2020. GlobalGiving will hold these funds until the organization reaches the $100 USD threshold in a future Accelerator for as long as due diligence is valid. If after two years when due diligence expires the organization has not raised the disbursable amount, GlobalGiving will reallocate the funds.
- Please note that GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the adjudication of unique donors and final results of the Accelerator.
Tax-Efficient Giving, Fee, & Vetting:
- Tax-Efficient Giving: GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States and England and Wales. Donations made by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns. Donations made by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% added to eligible donations by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP. Gift Aid does not count towards project totals in the Accelerator but will appear in your Donation Manager once payment is received from HMRC (which may take up to 2 months).
- Fees: GlobalGiving charges a 12% nonprofit support fee plus a 3% processing fee on organization’s first $5,000 raised on the platform. After organizations raise $5,000 on GlobalGiving, the nonprofit support fee is reduced to 5% for US and UK registered organizations and 7% for organizations registered outside the US and UK. The 3% processing fee remains fixed.
- The fee does not apply to bonus prizes or matching funds awarded in the Accelerator. The GlobalGiving fee helps cover the costs we incur to conduct due diligence, to promote your organization and projects, to provide you with fundraising training and tools, and to maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors.
Vetting: GlobalGiving may conduct additional due diligence on your organization both during and after the Accelerator campaign. If, upon further review, GlobalGiving determines that your organization does not fully comply with our vetting standards, Non-Discrimination and Faith-based Activities policy, or any other GlobalGiving Terms + Conditions, then your project may be removed from the site at any time.
Have questions? Check our Accelerator FAQs! Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com.
and refresh this page.