The Navalbhai & Hiraba Eye Hospital located at Bareja in Gujarat made a tremendous progress in respect of conducting eye surgeries. During the period January to December, 2010, the Hospital conducted 6195 eye surgeries. The major achievements of the Hospital include
1. Establishing a record of conducting 103 eye surgeries on a single day which is the highest so far.
2. Organizing the eye check up camps in the tribal areas of Sabarkantha District.
3. Providing free transport facility to all the poor patients from the camp location to the Hospital and the return journey
4. Successfully introducing the system of conducting Keratoplasty completely free of cost with the active involvement and participation Retina Eye Foundation and support of Dr. Ashish Nagpal
5. Introducing the collection of eye balls as per the provisions of the Indian Organs Donation Act
6. Planning for expansion of infrastructure facilities by constructing one more floor of the eye Hospital with the support of Heart Foundation.
7. Conducting 23 Kertoplasty surgeries completely free of cost.
8. Adding one more Mini bus for expediting pick up and drop of patients from different Districts of Gujarat.
9. Seeking support of Corporates like Power Grid Corporation, ONGC & Cairn India for promoting completely free of cost eye surgeries.
Encourage from outstanding performance of the eye hospital, the target for the year 2011 has been revised to 10000 eye surgeries.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.