GlobalGiving API and Data
We have several resources that you can use to access GlobalGiving data:
Get Started with the GlobalGiving API
- 1 Review the Code of Conduct and Terms of Service.
- 2 Register for an API key.
- 3 Build your app using our REST API operations. See our getting started guide and tutorial to help you get started. You can also copy sample API calls in Java, PHP, ASP, Groovy, or cURL.
- 4 Have questions? Get support in the API Developer Forum.
GlobalGiving REST API Overview
The GlobalGiving API allows you to integrate grassroots project information, organization data, and donation options in your app or website by giving you direct access to the information in our database. Using our API, you can do things such as:
- Get the current list of projects on GlobalGiving.
- View information about specific projects listed on GlobalGiving.
- Display project information on other sites.
- Enable a donation to a specific project.
- Get up-to-date project progress reports from the field.
Other Data Sources
In addition to our REST API, GlobalGiving has several additional data feeds that are updated on a daily basis.
IATI XML Data
At GlobalGiving, we value the importance of transparency. Now you can explore our projects and partner organizations in IATI standard format!
IATI aims to make information about aid spending easier to access, use and understand. Read more about this initiative at www.aidtransparency.net.
We provide the following data in IATI format (updated daily):
We have several site-wide RSS feeds:
Project-Specific RSS Feeds
Each project on GlobalGiving has its own RSS feed. You can find the link near the bottom of the right side of any project page. Just look for the RSS icon .
KML (Google Earth) Feeds
We have a KML feeds of active projects that can allow you to easily integrate projects into a map - or simply fly around in Google Earth looking at all of the amazing work our projects are doing.