DHANPATMAL VIRMANI EDUCATION TRUST AND MANAGEMENT SOCIETY
ROOP NAGAR, DELHI-11007
R. N. Virmani Memorial Endowment
For project 1066 (Providing scholarship for Graduate study in India)
“VIRMANI TRUST IS WORKING FOR A LIFE OF DIGINITY AND SELF RELIANCE FOR THE DISADVANTAGED.”
The Dhanpatmal Virmani Education Trust & Management Society, Roop Nagar, Delhi-110007 as an established non-profit organization with a significant past record in creating opportunities in education started the R. N. Virmani Memorial Endowment in the year 2002-03, to award scholarships to Indian Nationals for graduate studies in all fields, irrespective of caste, creed or community. The objective is to encourage and help meritorious and needy students from low income families to pursue higher studies in College/University in India. Students passing out from XIIth standard from Dhanpatmal Virmani Sr.Sec. School and who come from a family having an income of less than Rs 1,00,000/- annually, and are amongst the top five in the 12th Sr. Sec. Examination in school and get admission in recognized college are eligible. Preference is given to students getting into Professional/Technical College that is, Medical, Engineering/Technology and Management.
The Scholarship scheme is very successfully implemented with the formation of a permanent corpus. The original donation of $15,000 was made by Dr. Renu Virmani Finn, daughter of Mr. R. N. Virmani, members of her family and friends. We have received a total of Rs. 49 lakhs so far as contribution up to 10-06-2011 which have been Invested in Govt. of India bonds and Banks. Out of interest received from the investment, the scholarship amount is given to the awardees. Our aim is to increase this corpus to Rs.1 crore to award more scholarships.
So far, there are 23 recipients of the scholarship scheme and their detail is as under:-
(A) Engineering C.A Bsc./B.com
06 03 02
(B) Engg. C.A Medical
04 04 01
(C) Engg. C.A B.sc/B.com
02 ---- ------
(D) Engg. C.A B.sc./B.com/ Medical
01 ------ -------
Total 13 07 03
At present, we are paying to 9 students, 4 are doing C.A, 4 are doing Engineering and one is doing medical course as under:
S.N. Name Course Name of College/University
1. Joginder Rana B.Tech Rajasthan Technical University, Jaipur. (He is in the 8th semester)
2. Ankur Sharma C.A New Delhi.
3. Gaurav Sachdeva CA New Delhi.
4. Lalji Yadav CA New Delhi.
5. Vikram Mishra B. Tech GGSIP University, New Delhi.
(He is in the 4th Semester)
6. Ramesh Joshi B. Tech Malout Instt. Of Magt., Muktsar( Pb)
(He is in the third Semester)
7 Piyush Goel B.Tech Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha,
(He is in the second Semester)
8. Tarun kohli C.A New Delhi.
9. Pragati Chaudhary B.A.M.S I.P. University, New Delhi.
One of our Sr. School students Mr. Piyush Goyal who was studying in XIIth class had been awarded Rs. 25,000/- for attending the entrance classes for IIT- JEE ( Engineering) for one year classroom program in Sri Chaitanya Coaching Centre Delhi. Last year, he got admission in an engineering college and has been awarded scholarship. We have a plan to award more scholarships at least to four students this year.
The year wise amount paid to the scholarship awardees is as under:-
S.N Financial Year Amount
1. 2005-06 Rs. 78,000/-
2. 2006-07 Rs. 1, 21,000/-
3. 2007-08 Rs. 2, 44,000/-
4. 2008-09 Rs.1, 92,000/-
5. 2009-10 Rs.1, 98,000/-
6 2010-11 Rs.1, 20,000/-
Under the scheme, a student who is doing Engineering is getting Rs. 2,000/- per month and who is doing C.A is getting Rs. 1,000/- per month.
Scholarship awardees after passing out are employed and some of them getting attractive salaries.
1. Deepak Kumar who completed hisB.Com (H) from Hindu College, Delhi in the year 2005 has been working in an organization in Gurgaon(HR) . He has been drawing Rs. 10,000/- per month.
2. Raj Kumar C.A, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi.Passed out in January, 2008. Presently, he is employed with Ircon International Ltd. Lucknow. As Asstt. Manager (Finance and Accounts). He has been drawing Rs. 36,000/- per month.
3.Dinesh Rana B.Tech ( Electrical and Electronics)College of Tech. & management kuruksheta university ( HR) Passed out in June,2008. He has been working in a Pvt. Co. Okhla, New Delhi and drawing Rs. 10,000/- per month.
4. Tarun Yadav B. Tech ( Mech. & Automation) Guru Premsukh College, Delhi ,(GGS Inderprastha, University, Delhi) Passed out in May,2008. He has been working in Perfect Radiator and oil cooler Pvt. Ltd. Village Nizampur Rewari Road, Haryana, Since June,2009. He has been drawing Rs. 12,000/- per month.
5.Vishwas Miglini B.Sc( food) Bhaskaracharya college of applied Science, Dwarka , New Delhi. He passed out in May,2009 He has been working as Executive in Bikanarwala, Rohini, Delhi since Sept., 2009. He has been drawing Rs, 9,000/- per month.
6.Ashok kumar BE( Eectronics and Communication) Institute of Engg. Chandigarh . Passed out in June, 2009. He has been working in MetLife Co. Sector-135, Noida as an associate since sept., 2009. He has been drawing Rs. 10,000/- per month.
7. Nitin Chadha BE( Mechanical) kautilya engg. College, sita Pura Jai Pur (RJ) passed out in Sept., 2009. He has been working as Supply Chain Engineer Since Nov., 2009 in Kruger Ventilation Industries (India)Pvt Ltd, Faridabad( HR) His salary is Rs.10,000/-per month.
8. Ram Sawroop Vij C.A ,New Delhi. Passed out in April, 2010. Presently, he is employed with Thermax Co. Ltd as Chartered Accountant. He has been drawing Rs. 40,000/- per month.
9. Gurpreet Singh Sandhu B. Tech Desh Bhagat Engineering College, Mandi Gobindgarh ( Punjab) passed out June, 2010. Presently, he is employed with M.Soft Co. Gurgaon (HR). He has been drawing Rs. 10,000/- per month.
10. Deepak Parashar after passing his B.Tech (Bio-Tech) in the year June 2010 and has joined his M. Tech course from kurukshetra, University (HR)
After passing out, all the awardees thanked the management of the trust and donors for making their careers. The scholarships were an immense help to them
We thank all our well wishers and supporters for their donations and request them to also help us with constructive ideas and thoughts to take this program forward
(B. K. Katyal)
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.