More than seven months after Haiti’s devastating earthquake, rubble still fills the streets and 1 million people or more people are still homeless. GlobalGiving donors like you have supported close to 20 organizations working on the ground to provide food, shelter, medical equipment, and long-term reconstruction for Haiti’s earthquake survivors. Below is a short update the organizations your dollars have helped to support and the impact that have already had. Thank you!
- The Lambi Fund of Haiti has provided emergency cash disbursements to 43 grassroots organization throughout Haiti. These local organizations have used the emergency grants to purchase clothes, food, medical supplies and other necessary supplies for earthquake survivors.
- VIDA has already airlifted two containers carrying $2 million in medical emergency relief into Haiti. VIDA is sending only the highest quality medical equipment and supplies, from bandages to surgical suites, to get the hospitals up and running and will then resupply the hospital over a three year period to ensure that the clinics have the resources to serve people in need.
- RedR has trained 871 relief workers from 46 organizations in essential humanitarian and reconstruction skills and techniques - 92% of those trained are Haitian nationals
- Partners in Health’s local staff of nearly 5,000 people have provided emergency critical care and surgical services; helped seriously injured patients regain mobility; resettled abandoned and disabled children into a safe group home; and provided strategic planning assistance to Port-au-Prince’s General Hospital and the Haitian Ministry of Health.
- CHF has registered more than 2,200 shelter beneficiaries and is currently in the process of completing 600 shelters in Port-au-Prince and Leogane. Over 60 shelters have been constructed in Leogane as part of a pilot project using steel materials that are pre-fabricated by trained workers at the local CHF warehouse.
Thank you again for your support!
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.