Greetings from Seva Mandir!
Hope you are well. Thank you for supporting eduction of children in our region.
The monsoon has been active in Rajasthan. It has rained a little well but more rains will be great. We still have another month of monsoon. Hopefully it will be a great monsoon year. The lakes in the city, however, are not full yet. The city, however, is all green and beautiful.
I am sharing the annual report of Education Program that you are supporting. The report accounts detailed information on the total number of children enrolled in 2010-2011, teachers trained and various other activities carried out with your support.
Following is a brief fact sheet for your quick reference –
1. 5,694 children were enrolled last year. It includes - 3,288 boys and 2,406 girls.
2. There were 192 Rural Schools or SKs (Shiksha Kendras) but by the end of March 2011 there are 188 schools. Some of them were closed down for various reasons. Please see the report enclosed for more details.
3. 72% of the total token fee across 188 centers was collected. Token fee for each child is Rs. 100 per year. Each rural school spends the collected fee to buy uniforms or shoes or lunch boxes for children at the school. This is a community decision.
4. 193 teachers completed the ‘Teacher certification course’. Please see the enclosed report for more details on the course.
5. A children’s fair was organized in December 2010. It was a successful event with more than 500 children and 200 villagers participation. Children from 16 SK’s, 4 Youth Resource Center (YRC) and Umariya Government school participated in various activities and competitions (Essay writing, drawing, heena tattoo etc).
6. Read more about the story of Himanshu in the report enclosed.
Please do check out the report enclosed. I hope you will enjoy reading all the progress your support has afforded to these children. Many thanks to all of you for your continuing support to this program. Please do write to us if you have any queries. We will keep you updated about the progress of this program as well as about the monsoon.
With warm regards,
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.