240 County Road
Jane Martha Oslin, Louisa Trackman, Luis Quino, Clare Dowd
Liz Gibbons, Brett Robb, Courtney Scott Howard, Martha Collette, Davis Bradford, Paul Guggenheim, Kellie Dodd, Marina Hatch, Jose Luis Rojas
ArtCorps believes every person has a leading role to play in building a vibrant, just and sustainable world. We develop the creative and leadership capacity of social changemakers to innovatively address the challenges of our time.
To build the leadership and creative capacity of community educators and advocates to greater impact and sustainability, we began transitioning our original Artist-in-Residence program to a 'train-the-trainer' model in 2013. Now, through dynamic and experiential Education and & Training courses, coaching and on-site support, ArtCorps is providing leaders and organizations with unique and creative methods to more effectively address the challenges of our time.
"[ArtCorps training] has demonstrated that an arts-based approach improves delivery of messages, helps learners to express themselves and is a platform for reflection, discussion and action. What a treasure for our organization to have discovered!" ~Gerardo Morales, ED, Servicio Jesuita Para El Desarollo, El Salvador
ArtCorps trains leaders and educators working in health, human rights and environmental conservation in a variety of contexts, including:
Education and Advocacy
Our trainees become more innovative, collaborative and effective leaders who are qualified to creatively navigate constraints and build thriving organizations where social and environmental initiatives can flourish. We specifically develop and strengthen:
- Creative thinking: fluency, flexibility, elaboration and originality
- Leadership skills: motivation, communication, collaboration, critical analysis, problem solving, innovation and systems thinking
- Capacity to facilitate and apply a wide range of creative methods for individual empowerment, community engagement, organizational development and systemic change.
HOW WE DO THIS
1. ArtCorps Education & Training - Courses
Our curriculum addresses three integral areas of human development: Individual Empowerment, Community Development and Systemic Change. Through the lens of creativity, trainees develop strategies to strengthen their work in these areas. In addition to deepening their own creativity and leadership, they acquire a toolkit to enhance their facilitation of meetings, trainings and other forums.
In our hands-on courses, trainees gain a strong foundation of experience and practice in creative methods that can be used to:
- Motivate others to reach their fullest potential
- Educate key groups
- Examine alternative approaches
2. ArtCorps Education & Training - Coaching and Consulting
Organizations and individuals can take advantage of follow-up technical assistance from our expert team as they carry out their visions. We offer this support by phone or on-site through trained coaches and resident artists.
We provide guidance and mentorship to assist them in:
- Developing exciting new ways to meet their objectives
- Fully integrating creative strategies into their programs