Washington University (The SPOT)
Youth partnering with community for social justice and health represents the vision for The SPOT. True to this vision, The SPOT welcomes ALL youth (13-24) and responds to their particular needs through a comprehensive model of health and social services.
At the SPOT youth can
1) access health and prevention services;
2) strive for positive educational and vocational outcomes;
3) have a voice and influence in their communities through leadership opportunities.
Our philosophy requires that the SPOT be structured around the following guiding principles:
1) remove barriers that currently impede youth from seeking or obtaining health and prevention services;
2) create a center separate from a...