Volunteer Finance and Administration Assistant
GlobalGiving is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to help support our finance and administration activities.
Support the Finance Officer with office administration, bookkeeping, and other operational tasks that helps our team to thrive in the UK.
This role is based in GlobalGiving’s London office. We’re looking for someone who can commit to 1-3 days per week (09:00 - 17:30) for at least 3 months.
Volunteer Role Description
- Contribute to an effective filing and documentation system
- Check monthly expense forms and ad hoc bookkeeping
- Support Gift Aid claims to HMRC
- Write thank you letters to our incredible donors
- Help with ordering and maintaining office supplies and inventory management
- Deal with correspondence and queries
- Handle banking and check entry
- Complete data entry, aggregation, and analysis on key outcomes
- Organising community events and social activities
- Support other operational functions and support of the office and team
Skills and experience required
- Accountancy, finance, business administration or other business-related qualification (or qualified by experience)
- Experience with accounting packages (i.e. Quickbooks) desirable.
- A highly-motivated self-starter able to work independently and use initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; good organisational and time management skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel (intermediate level)
- Comfort with digital systems and technology (we are a digital-first charity)
- Good attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Sense of humour
- You will help GlobalGiving achieve our mission of transforming aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change.
- You will learn about an array of great organisations.
- You will experience development work in practice, develop experience with training and skilled volunteering, and engage more deeply in the charity sector.
- We will provide you with direct management support and monthly supervision.
- Lunch and travel expenses covered (up to a pre-agreed amount with receipts).
- GlobalGiving will provide a professional reference for volunteers who work with us for more than three months.
GlobalGiving is transforming aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change. As the first and largest crowdfunding community connecting nonprofits, companies, and donors around the world, GlobalGiving makes it possible for local organizations to access the tools, training, and support they need to be more effective and make the world a better place. Founded in 2002, GlobalGiving makes it safe and easy for people and companies to give to local projects anywhere in the world. GlobalGiving is a top-rated (4-star) charity on Charity Navigator and is accredited by the BBB Wise Giving Alliance.
and refresh this page.