2020 Beca Lider Con Vision Retreat
As we approach the end of 2020 and look towards the Summer break for Peruvian students, we are focusing our fundraising efforts on the “Leader with a Vision” prize for high achieving youth leaders from our partner schools. This prize and leadership development program is awarded annually to 4 teams of students from Visionaria’s partner schools and covers all costs and mentorship for them to develop and implement projects to address the problems they see in their communities. This prize and leadership program is a huge motivator for teachers and students alike to complete the year-long Visionaria for Schools program curriculum, and is an extra-curricular offering that makes the Visionaria for Schools program so special for under-served and under-recognized youth leaders in Peru.
We have now raised our goal of this campaign by $4,000 from the current amount raised, which will cover all costs of 4 teams in the 2020-2021 ‘Beca Líder con Visión’ (‘Leader with a Vision Prize’) during the months of January - April, 2021.
Help us hit this goal on Tuesday, December 1! All donations on 12/1/2020 will be matched by GlobalGiving (up to $2,500)!
The Leader with a Vision Prize (‘Beca Líder con Visión’) is a Leadership Program for high-potential student teams who are eligible to apply after they finish the 1-year Visionaria program in their school. It’s a program we created so that the 10-20% most engaged and inspired students have an outlet and opportunity to grow and develop their ideas in the Summer months.
WINNING TEAMS RECEIVE
- 3 day workshop by Visionaria facilitators
- Travel, meals materials, and certificates
- A Team Budget (~$300 USD)
- A Team Mentor (for 4-week project plan)
- Speaking and presentation opportunities with local officials and innovators
Some more Visionaria Updates from 2020!
- Extended and continued work with 2019 “Leader with a Vision Prize” winners [post]
- Provided the Visionaria for schools curriculum and support program for teachers and students from 12 schools in the Calca, Anta, and Cusco provinces
- Established ‘Visionaria Peru’, a sister non-profit to Visionaria Network to sustain and grow Visionaria programs with the support of Peruvian institutional partners and funders.
- Adapted the ‘Visionaria for Schools’ curriculum to online learning, following Ministry of Education guidelines.
- ‘Visionaria Peru’ joined the Cusco state advisory board as an academic partner
2020 Beca Lider Con Vision Retreat 2
2020 Beca Lider Con Vision Retreat 3