Vocational Training a state of emergency

by Foundation of innovative Change
Vocational Training a state of emergency

Summary

Our goal is to provide vocational training for 50 boys and 50 girls each year at $100 per person in Liberia. This will empower the youth to become skilled in order to reduce child prostitution and trafficking. We strongly believe that providing skills to the youth, will lift them out of poverty and enable them to become entrepreneurs.

$0
total raised
0
donors
0
monthly donors
3
years

Challenge

Empower youth and reduce prostitution and child trafficking. Due to unemployment, we are sadly seeing most of our boys and girls opting for prostitution. Providing vocational training will give our youth a choice. If they are empower and can feed and clothe themselves we will see a huge drop in prostitution and teenage pregnancy. Our hope is to give our children an opportunity to grow and enjoy their childhood.

Solution

By partnering with vocational schools, we would be creating opportunities for high school graduates to immediately start contributing to the economy. By providing vocational training in high schools, Liberia will benefit by increasing its GDP. Currently, 99% of all high school graduates leave school only knowing how to read and write. The other 1% might pick up skills like braiding hair, cutting hair, selling products etc, therefore, they will continue in those fields after graduation.

Long-Term Impact

With many families struggling to feed themselves, providing students with the opportunity to acquire skills while in school will give them a sense of pride. Upon graduation, students will be prepared to enter the job market, and ready to contribute to the growth of their nation. The grand goal is to create such initiative nationwide to provide skills in plumbing, electricity masonry, web development and other key skills needed by companies looking for skilled labor, leading to sustain economy.

Additional Documentation

This project has provided additional documentation in a DOCX file (projdoc.docx).

Resources

Organization Information

Foundation of innovative Change

Location: KELLER, TX - USA
Website:
Steven E Keller
Project Leader:
Steven E Keller
KELLER, TX United States

Retired Project!

This project is no longer accepting donations.
 

Still want to help?

Find another project in Liberia or in Education that needs your help.
Find a Project

Learn more about GlobalGiving

Teenage Science Students
Vetting +
Due Diligence

Snorkeler
Our
Impact

Woman Holding a Gift Card
Give
Gift Cards

Young Girl with a Bicycle
GlobalGiving
Guarantee

Sign up for the GlobalGiving Newsletter

WARNING: Javascript is currently disabled or is not available in your browser. GlobalGiving makes extensive use of Javascript and will not function properly with Javascript disabled. Please enable Javascript and refresh this page.