Project #7496

Uplift a Child - 4000 Children

by Uplift a Child International Inc
Mar 1, 2013

Sam Vonumu's Mission trip to India/Nepal/Ukraine

Dear Sponsors, Friends and Well Wishers,

I have returned back from my annual visit to India to meet our children. I am always thankful to my employer, Discovery Communications LLC (The popular Discovery TV Channel) and my management, for allowing me to take a long vacation to participate in our mission trip. With my team (Sudhakar Kaligithi, Dr. Satya Jnaneshwari, Roy Prakash Thanukula, Sonia Cherukuri, Melissa Stonehill, Kalpana Dharani, Swaroop Naidu and with many
volunteers), we were able to visit approximately 85% of our sponsored children. I could not visit the remaining 15% due to the time factor.

With the help of our friends and local Directors in India, we conducted Annual Awards & Rewards ceremonies to our children for their performance at school. These are public meetings attended by the school staff, sponsors, children, their parents, local government executives, social workers, friends and well-wishers. The largest public meeting was conducted at the MVP SDA school grounds in Visakhapatnam, AP, India on January 13th with over 1,200 people. Yandamoori Veerendranth (the famous writer and novelist in Andhra Pradesh, India) was our chief guest. He
inspired our children and for those that secured ranks he awarded them with certificates and cash awards. These types of events have proven to be very successful. Many of our sponsored children are inspired and motivated to do well and to receive these awards. Each year these programs are eagerly received and celebrated by our children and families.

The parents of our sponsored children thanked every sponsor for their support and requested me to convey
their regards. This year we have identified an additional 500 children who are eligible and cannot go to school without our help. We welcome anyone who would like to become a part of this effort and help make these children a part of your family. It costs only $125 to $175 per year to support a child. (Children waiting for help can be found on the webpage -



About Project Reports

Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.

If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.

Get Reports via Email

We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.

Organization Information

Uplift a Child International Inc

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland - USA
Website: http:/​/​
Project Leader:
Samuel Vonumu
Silver Spring, Maryland United States
$18,750 raised of $500,000 goal
441 donations
$481,250 to go
Donate Now Add Project to Favorites

Help raise money for this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page for this project.

Start a Fundraiser

Learn more about GlobalGiving

Teenage Science Students
Vetting +
Due Diligence


Woman Holding a Gift Card
Gift Cards

Young Girl with a Bicycle

Sign up for the GlobalGiving Newsletter

WARNING: Javascript is currently disabled or is not available in your browser. GlobalGiving makes extensive use of Javascript and will not function properly with Javascript disabled. Please enable Javascript and refresh this page.