ASHA has much to report in regards to their sustainable agriculture training with 10 groups of women.
Thank you for your continued support for training women farmers!
Their most report highlights the following:
Fruit cultivation and fruit saplings support
- A 1-day fruit cultivation training was provided for 206 women from all 10 groups
- 8 types of fruit saplings were provided with planting and care instructions
- The saplings, which include, pomegranate, pommels, lemons and oranges, are expected to fruit after 5 years
Seed saving training and support vegetable seeds
- 206 women from all 10 groups were trained on planting and seed savings
- The participants were given a variety of seeds
- Women were taught the features of a good seed, harvesting system, domestic pesticide, pot for storage and exchange of seed during planting season among group members
Sustainable agriculture refresher training
- The 2-day refresher training for 5 focused on previous trainings concerning vegetable farming, use of domestic pesticides, organic vegetable farming and liquid and compost manure prepare and use
Organic vegetable production training
- Training was provided to group members of 5 groups about organic vegetables farming, including the value and benefit of organic production
Though there are many reported successes (as noted above) - not to mention the overall effect that women group members are more aware of the benefits and value of organic farming, some challenges do remain.
In certain communities where ASHA has projects, for example, insufficient water supply is a barrier for focusing vegetable farming. In response, ASHA is closely looking forward at what would be the best alternatives for the communities where supply of water for irrigation is limited.
Your donations are have a direct impact for so many women who deserve our solidarity and support- so thank you!