- The Safer World Fund campaign begins September 7, 2016 at 00:00:01 a.m. EDT.
- The campaign will end when all funds are depleted or August 31, 2017 at 23:59:59 p.m. EDT, whichever comes first.
- Eligible donations to the Safer World Fund, and the projects that comprise it, will be matched 50%.
- There are a total of $40,000 in matching funds available.
- Donations will be matched in the order that they are received.
- Individual donations up to $1,500 per donor per project are eligible for matching.
- Donations larger than $1,500 will only be matched with $750 of matching funds while funds remain.
- No project may receive more than $15,000 of the total matching funds. This $15,000 limit per project is to help ensure that as many projects benefit from the matching funds as possible.
- Microprojects are not eligible.
- Only donations made by unique donors per project will be matched. Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted.
- Only online donations made by credit card, PayPal, or a GlobalGiving official gift card are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Online donations made using PayPal or credit card must be made by the PayPal account or credit card holder.
- Donations made on globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites including Benevity are not eligible for matching.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this matching offer.
- GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit in the United States. Donations made on globalgiving.org can only be claimed as a tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns.
- Fulfillment fee for donations: GlobalGiving charges a 15% fulfillment fee on donations but works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. The fulfillment fee does not apply to the match. The fee covers all transactional charges such as credit card fees, as well as helps cover the costs we incur to promote organizations and projects, provide them with fundraising training and tools, and maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option, we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee.
Still have questions? Please contact Jacqueline Lee at
View full campaign details Safer World Fund Matching Campaign 2016