New classroom nearing completion at Mutaki Primary
As we prepare for a big June donors trip to Kenya, we'd like to update those who can't join us this time on all the progress at our Kenyan partner schools. There's a lot going on so it's hard to even know where to start.
- At Mahiga Hope High, the first Grade 12/Senior Class students are making great progress towards their graduation exams in November. Thanks to AMD, Lenovo and Nairobi-based Freight Logic, we have a number of new computers arriving next week. Additional computers are going to the new Joe Gracey Library at Amboni/Simbara Schools, to Kabiruini Girls Secondary School and others.
- At Amboni Primary School, the students have moved into a new stone and cement classroom and booshelves and hundreds of books have been ordered for the new Joe Gracey Library and Music Lab. Computers arrive next week.The new water system is providing purified water for both schools.
- Next door at Simbara Secondary, construction on the new Science Lab building is moving fast and we expect the Senior class do be doing chemistry practicals in the lab in a little more than a month.
- At Mutaki Primary, construction on yet another new classroom is nearing completion. We've also finished a 15,000 liter ferro-cement water storage tank and new gutters, and are making progress on the solar-powered UV purification system.
- At Irbaan Library - steel library shelves are now ready for delivery and hudreds of books are waiting to be shelved and read.
Thanks to all for your support. We're now working in 15 schools across rural Kenya. Your generosity and love are making a huge difference for these kids lives!
Turk Pipkin, The Nobelity Project
New Ferro-cement water tank at Mutaki
Second grader at Mutaki Primary