Michael, Scott N., Erica, Sarah, Eric O, Scott G, John, Ben, TJ, Chris, Eric E, and Nez all made it to the summit of Kilimanjaro. What a great accomplishment! What a great feeling, I am sure, to reach the Roof of Africa! But, better yet, was the knowledge that so many children were affected by the generosity of these folks, along with the generosity of their supporters.
Through contributions large and small, this incredible team of individuals raised over $130,000! And, Beth (also Nike) went to Mombasa, Kenya to volunteer at one of the programs we support, raising over $12,000, as well!
So, what did all that money translate into for the kids? Let me tell you:
- 272 HIV+ children received anti-retroviral medicine for 6 months
- 2,248 HIV+ children and guardians received antibiotics for 6 months
- 500 children received 2 meals a day for 2 months
- 6000 children and adults received Nutrition by Prescription for 6 months
- Over 500 AIDS orphans received items they need but can't afford, such as mosquito nets, feminine pads, school supplies, tylenol, tums, and many other basic things
- 50 goats and 100 chickens were purchased and delivered to orphan families who were first trained in basic husbandry so they can start their own flocks and herds
- 39 children can go back to school
It is humbling to see what was accomplished because of you, the donors. Thank you for giving of your hard earned money. Thank you for supporting your friends and relatives. Thank you for not letting the economic times stop you from caring and acting.
On behalf of all the kids who benefited from your generosity,