Dear Friends of Take 2,
We just wrapped up our 10th summer at Take2. The campers and staff have much to be proud of: they worked hard, learned a lot and, most importantly, had a lot of fun along the way. Each camper celebrated so many successes, whether it was….
- finding that there really is someone who loves Yu-gi-oh as much as I do and while we might disagree about which card is the best, we can still be friends
- uncovering my strengths and challeges helps me figure out when I need to ask for help and when I can help others
- realizing that if I lose a game of Connect 4 gracefully there will be opportunities for games in the future because people will want to play with me again
- investigating what others are trying to communicate through their words, body langague and tone of voice
- discovering that when I cheer for others, they are more likely to cheer for me and that feels great
- overcoming a fear of heights, taking a plunge and riding the zip-line at Calleva camp…or
- figuring out that there is always a Plan B…..
This summer’s curriculum focused on:
- Week 1: “Thinking about Me” Labeling my own emotional experience and what strategies I can use to regulate myself when my feelings start to get out of control.
- Week 2: “Thinking about You”- How do I use the your “clues”… body language, tone of voice and facial expression to figure out what you are thinking and feeling?
- Week 3: “Thinking about Us”- How do my thoughts differ from yours? How does my behavior impact the thoughts you are having and how can we create good thoughts in one another so that you want to be with me and I want to be with you?
- Week 4: “Bringing it all Together”- The strategies and skills the campers acquired over the 3 weeks were put into action as we took several field trips and made gifts for one another.
The fun does not cease with the end of summer- social learning groups will continue throughout the year as kids continue to explore the secrets of friendship, tips for how to be flexible and how to set plans to accomplish their goals.
Check our website often to find camp updates, social learning groups and summer 2014 registration.
As always, we are so grateful for your support.