Literacy program supported by this dance troupe
THE 4TH GRADUATION HAPPENED ON FEBRUARY 28, 2014 AS WELL AS NEW ACADEMIC YEAR 2014 STARTED ON MARCH 3, 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Thank you for your great support.
We are excited to let you know that the fourth graduation of 20 women in our program happened on February 28, 2014 and new academic year 2014 started on March 3, 2014
In the previous report we were in preparation of fourth graduation. All the women received their certificates They are now able to read, write and calculate, they also understand well how to exercise their rights, and they have enough knowledge about small business skills.
The most impressing thing is that all the students succeed well; no student got less than seventy five percent (75%) in the exam, on the graduation day the women read and write down in front of local leaders and other invitees. This was to test their knowledge that enables them to receive certificates.
The women gave testimonials about the impact of our program in their lives, one of the beneficiaries said “before joining this literacy program I was unable to direct my self as I could not read a road post. I couldn’t vote my self, I feared participating in local meetings, I used to give more than required balance to my customers in my selling shoes business. Now I have no more problems related to being illiterate I even have my own bank account to save my money”.
The following are challenges that we have:
- We are still unable to regularly pay the teacher’s salaries
- We are still having shortfalls in our monthly operating costs such as buying chalks, books etc…
- We are still renting some costumes of dancing troop that helps us in fundraising.
The following are plan we have in this new academic year 2014 for Rwandan women to read, write calculate:
- As usual teaching 20 adult women from our community: reading, writing and calculation and providing training about their rights and business skills.
- Starting new program of teaching English to adult women in this academic year 2014
Don’t you think that our program is of great value? What do you think about our plan?
Thank you again for your support to our program!