| Sep 15, 2022
Taiz Zoo report as a means of protection from exti
Zoo in Taiz Governorate - Republic of Yemen.
It is the only zoo in Taiz Governorate, which hundreds of thousands of citizens visit annually from different governorates of the Republic of Yemen to see the animals closely and enjoy looking at them and provide sufficient information about them in terms of their behavior. Food, whereabouts, and other information that a visitor to the zoo obtains to teach his children and family what the zoo contains. Contains many predators, reptiles, pets, prey, Poultry and others also contain rare animals such as the Yemeni tiger and others Important animals, and the park is an ecological wealth of our country and a national, international and human duty to conserve and support them. By all means and possibilities.
Sanid organization is currently contributing to the conservation of nature and the preservation of biodiversity in the Republic of Yemen, as the organization considers environmental protection to protect natural resources and their sustainability for future generations.The organization continuously monitors the conditions in Taiz Park and other zoos, and continuously monitors events in what the animals go through in these gardens.
The importance of carrying out the activities:Work to protect zoo animals of all kinds, and take care of their health and food, especially endangered species such as the Arabian leopard, lions and other species.The intervention to care and protect the animal species present in the zoo is considered to be from the risks of disease or death as a result of the acute shortage of health and food care provision due to the scarcity of financial allocations approved in light of the critical situation in Yemen.
The lack of provision of various health and food services will lead to the extermination of these animals due to hunger and diseases that they suffer from, and sometimes they eat each other because of their severe need for food.
The high financial cost of caring for and protecting animal species in the garden It is also considered with regard to the management of the park and the lack of sufficient financial allocations to the extent that there are no monthly salaries to provide for all the workers in the park, and this would lead to a decrease in the interest and care of these animals urgently and unavoidably.
All of this was an incentive and encouragement for Sand Conservation to move forward with the implementation of the activities that would implement the project goal despite all the material and political obstacles and the situation of the country that has been afflicted by wars and crises since 2011, which made the official side deficient in carrying out its tasks in the aspect of protecting the environment In the forefront of reserves and the protection of animals, especially those exposed to extinction. The nucleus of the work was the zoo in Taiz, which the organization intends to make of it a model zoo, and this can only be achieved through the generous support provided by donors through globalgiving and organizations concerned with animal protection and the environment in general.
Activities carried out: Attachments:
1. Feed the animal species in the garden, each species with the right food.
2. Providing exemplary health care for a number of animals in the garden (providing nutritional supplements, vaccines, and vitamins through veterinarians.
3. Field visits for 2 to the competent authorities in Taiz Governorate (Environmental Protection Authority - Agriculture Office) .
4. Awareness of the community surrounding the park about the importance of preserving animals
5. Submit a letter to the relevant official authorities of the need to work on the development of restrooms for visitors to the park. And safety barriers and maintenance of some cages due to the increase in visitors to the park.
6. Providing a number of detergents, sterilizers and treatments to treat animals that are exposed to wounds.
7. Preparing a preliminary study to provide the source of electric power and water and sewage tanks and present it to the park administration to identify the park's management capabilities in preparing the appropriate places and obtaining approval from the official authorities.
8. Meeting with the Agriculture and Irrigation Office to discuss the provision of an integrated internal irrigation network and the establishment of green nurseries.
9. Meeting with gardeners and discussing with them how to care for animals in the garden and preparing a list of their training needs in this field. 10. Making publications to promote and introduce animals, their behavior and whereabouts, zoo facilities, pavilions and animals