Dear CDRS Family,
CDRS is proudly moving forward into 2013 as a battle-tested and highly decorated implementing field organization of Humanitarian disaster relief (emergency and long term) and sole creator / designer / developer of The "Sustainable Healthcare Initiatives Now Empowering" conceptual model (S.H.I.N.E.) with THE SAME goals we've always been dedicated to ever since my field team and I began working together during the 2005 Pakistan earthquake relief mission, with THE SAME minimum spending and maximum effectiveness that it made its name and reputation on (which NO Similar Organization can even dream to match unless their CEOs and core staff are willing to sleep on floors, own zero personal property, work 24/7 on the lowest salaries you'll find in the non-profit World and NEVER travel above economy class), and with THE SAME amazing outcomes and positive impacts on disaster affected citizens and communities and THE SAME independently verified financial transparency that has kept wonderful donors just like you happy for years and years with the satisfaction of knowing they made a well spent contribution to a noble cause that is still serving and prospering despite facing so many epic challenges over the years. We have survived whatever has been thrown at us and only grown stronger, and we pledge to continue our hearts-and-minds winning, effective, meaningful, creative, competent, compassionate and comprehensive humanitarian interventions in some of the poorest and toughest areas of Pakistan through the following active and developing collaborations:
Current Partners and Ongoing Projects
1) CDRS Mother/Child Health Center, (at Begum Effendi Hospital in Bagh Dheri, Swat, KPK)
2) Rehabilitation Response UK (Special Patients Orthopedic Surgeries and partnership to supply top notch facilities like Blood Bank, Thalassemia Center and Operation Theatre to Begum Effendi Hospital in Bagh Dheri, Swat, KPK)
3) UM Healthcare Trust (Telemedicine Project, Pakistan Development Data Map and UM Trust Hospital in Zahidabad, Mardan, KPK)
4) HUM Network Foundation (Reconstruction of Homes destroyed by flood in Mir Wah, Mirpurkhas, Sindh)
5) School Health & Music Programs in Pehli Kiran Schools, Mashal Schools, Qasim Orangi School, Lettuce B. Kids, Fakhr-e-Imdad Foundation, Green Grammar School (Pakistan-wide)
6) Special Patients Project (Pakistan-wide)
7) Jinnah Hospital and Allama Iqbal Medical College (Medicine Donations and volunteer medical camp program)
8) Sindh Medical College (CDRS student chapter)
9) CDRS Volunteer Program (Pakistan-wide)
Partnerships beginning work between now and February 31, 2013
1) The Earthquake Reconstruction & Rehabilitation Authority of Pakistan (ERRA) (Hospital Reconstruction Project, New Balakot City, KPK)
2) Karachi Relief Trust (Mobile Medical Team, flood affected areas of Interior Sindh)
3) Hisaar Foundation (Kitchen Gardening Project, Swat and Karachi)
4) IDSP and UK Association of Medical Aid Pakistan (Special Patients Project and support to poor medical students, Balouchistan)
5) AJK Health Department, Pakistan Army (Basic Health Unit and Mother/Child Health Support, Leepa Valley, AJK at The Line of Control)
Please note: New collaborations are being developed with fine organizations such as United Pakistan, The Association of Pakistani Physicians and Surgeons UK, The British Pakistan Foundation and The Citizens Foundation and will be announced as soon as they are finalized before our next Global Giving report is due!!
Please note that CDRS has six cleared and first class independent program and financial audits (1 for every year of operation), has cleared and first class financial and project audits for disaster relief and healthcare rehabilitation projects funded by UNICEF, Direct Relief International and The International Development & Relief Foundation (IDRF) and The Swiss Government and has passed Global Giving's rigorous due diligence process in each of the 5 years they've been our key fiscal sponsor in the U.S.
Thanks for all your generous support over the past 7 years- we have proven that we deserve it, and we humbly request and look forward to your generous support again in 2013 :)
And be on the lookout for the new CDRS Online Store at Global Giving's Gifts For Good Coming Soon, where you can support our projects AND choose from great items like crafts, jewelry, children's clothing, shawls, decorative candles and original art (much of it created by ladies and children affected by disaster who will directly benefit from your purchase), as well as great music, t-shirts and other promotional items from CDRS / Sonic Peacemakers Artist Ambassadors like Sanam Marvi, Sohaib Alikhan, Farhan Saeed, Arieb Azhar, Strings, Abrar Ul Haq, Lanny Cordola, Quratulain Balouch and many more!
P.S. Please take a few moments to share this report and our Global Giving website link with all your Family and Friends !!! And please "like" us on Facebook at www.facbook.com/CDRSPK