A-Salam School and Dekel School
Majd el-Krum and karmiel
Our joint project for A-Salam School from Majd el-Krum and Dekel School from Karmiel started its school-year activity on Thursday, October 18th, 2012. In the encounter participated the team of A-Salam School, the team of Dekel School and thirty students from each school. We were visited my Ms. Maria from the US, who participated with us, watched our activity and had a conversation with the project's team.
Content of the encounter:
Conversation on values: religion, acceptance, tolerance, peace, respect
Order of activity:
1. Acquaintance games between the students:
- What is common between you
- Ordering of students according to height
- First letter of the name
- Similar words in Hebrew and Arabic
2. Creating a "Hamsa" (palm shaped artifact) on the theme of peace: each students drew something related to the theme and activity and each student shared their creation with their partner from the other school.
Summary and feedback:
All students enjoyed the encounter, were satisfied with its activities and asked about the next encounter.
It was interesting and challenging for bringing the hearts together.