We’re happy to say that we are currently working with 13 survivors in the counties of Cluj and Alba in Northwest Romania. Besides the 11 survivors that we were already looking after in July, we have 2 new minor survivors, both sexually exploited by their family. We have partnered closely with the National Agency against Human Trafficking in order to find the best solutions for our beneficiaries and their problems. We have worked closely with the Directorate for Investigating Organized Crime and Terrorism in survival assistance in hearings and in court. We have also found a teacher willing to work as a tutor for the girls. We feel very privileged for the opportunity to walk alongside these survivors step by step in their rehabilitation and reintegration process.
Some highlights of the previous reporting period are as follows:
- 3 of the beneficiaries have sought legal assistance
o 1 obtained a paid lawyer
o 1 obtained assistance at her hearings
o 1 had assistance in court
- 5 of the beneficiaries have secured medical assistance in one or more of the following areas: gynecological consultations and treatment, emergency help, eye care coverage, family planning, general check-ups
- 3 survivors receive psychological counseling in dealing with their trauma
5 of the beneficiaries have had their basic needs met in the form of food, rent, and hygiene assistance
- 2 beneficiaries receive literacy classes from a teacher whom we are paying and who agrees to work as a tutor for the girls, as part of the educational program we are trying to implement
- 4 beneficiaries received entrepreneurial counseling to start their own business
Thank you so much for all of your support. Each and every one of you is an integral part of the team working to help our survivor community access justice and claim their human rights.
If you’d like to continue regularly supporting this program, we encourage you to utilize the recurring donation option on our global giving project page. You’re monthly support would be very much appreciated. Engaging in human trafficking issues is extremely important, either in your own community or here in Romania.