Raksha Nepal (RN), has been dealing in this issue for past eight years. It’s significant working experience in the field has enhanced the organizational capacity to work more effectively with targeted groups as well as with other stakeholders. The ultimate goal of this project would be to create decent working environment by enhancing the capacity of young girls and women in so called entertainment sectors and make free from risk of exploitation and trafficking.
Once the target groups are capacitated with knowledge on their rights and roles, aware of legal aspects they will be able to form an association of their own. This Union ultimately will be acting as an advocate for workers in the entertainment sectors. To reach to its goal, RN has to follow several steps in parallel with the programs mentioned below.
Raksha Nepal conducting PAST project for women and girls especially those women and girls who are sexually exploited and working in so called entertainment sector. This project uite them in a group and counseling them; Raksha Nepal working for build up their capacity, project focusing on protect their rights, protect and promoting women rights, raising voice against women violence and project provide them various capacity building activities, awareness raising programs, skill trainings, non-formal education support program and also conducting saving and credit program through Raksha Nepal's sister organization Rakshyashree Saving & Cooperative.
After completing all above activities group members will have skill and they can change or make better their life through establish their own new business as per their skill. Project's ultimate goal is to support them and create safe environment for them, unite them and make them strong and will raise their voice against all kind of vilonce them self.
- Raksha Nepal providing regular counselling support them for their better life style. Raksha Nepal mobilize phycosocial counselar for counseling them as a regular basis and field staff also counseling them. Some times, they are frustate from their life style and they try to do wrong thing, in the mean time, organization providing them regular counseling about 400 women and girls has receiving counselling service from the organization in field level and the office as well and 4-6 women and girls out of the group members has been receving counseling servise from the organization. In this quarter (Jan-March, 2013) 373 women and girls got the service.
- Raksha Nepal provide legal support to their target group/group members as per their required. It's legal officer (who is women lawyer) regular visit in group meeting and network meeting as well. She has providing advise and legal process to the victim women and girls. Raksha Nepal through the legal officer support them in legal provision as well. 55 women were got legal advice from the organization and 7 women are case file in court for justice in 2013.
- Raksha Nepal conducting various awareness raising activities; field staff have visit regularly in thier groups and staff suport them conducting their regular group meeting, discussing about hteir problem and plans also sharing information to them and motivate them to make good future road map. Raksha Nepal also conduct awareness program like trafficking, migration, domestic vilonce, sexual violence and coordination meetings with related stakeholdres; provide them information about these issues and advise them how to aware from problem.
- Raksha Nepal unite it's target groups as a women group member; now about 400 women members in a 20 groups. Raksha Nepal also formed 'Women Network' from their respective groups. Chair person from each group have member in women network, they have 1 coordinator and 2 vice-coordinator. Network working vital role as a strong bridge between the group members and Raksha Nepal. Every chair person who is member of the network has share their groups status and all members progrss and problem.
- Raksha Nepal provided various skill trainings to group members women and girls. 83 women and girls have been get the various training in 2012/13 (25 women and girls got Sweing/cutting training, 11 women and girls got the Beauty parlor training, 6 women and girls got driving training, 6 women and girls got cook training and 35 women had got SPA training from the reputed training institutes.
- 10 women and girls got seed money as a revolving fund from the organization for establish their business as per their skills. 5 women jointly starting sweing/cutting shop, 3 women jointly starting their beauty parlor and 2 women starting coffee shop recently. They all have got 20 thousand each from the Raksha Nepal. They will return this money in installment and they will not need to pay extra intrest. When will they return money this money will distribute to toher training graduted women and girls as a revolving fund.
Greetings from Raksha Nepal Team
We would like to thanks you all and would like to share our organizational activities in summarise. We have conducting one project 'PAST' for these women and girls and this project funded by DKA/KFB Austria. We are very excited to share you this project will also support these women and girls for awareness raising program and capacity building program.
We still in trouble to include lot of number women and girls who are at risk in this sector, so we would like to humbally requst to you all please support us for them, we are going to conduct more skill trainings for those women and girls who are at risk and who don't have any skill.
We hope you all will support us as before.
Thank you very much for your grat support.
In a group meeting
After got the training certificates
International visitor in Network meeting
Celebrating Holi festival in Raksha Nepal
Water with happiness! Holi festival at Raksha